Firefox vs Internet Explorer (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support

Guest -> Firefox vs Internet Explorer (4/24/2007 3:25:43 PM)

I am so confused. In order to get my items to list on Ebay, I had to download Firefox per ebay tech support. It was successfull and it looks great in the Firefox browser. On IE it looks pretty crappy. Also, when trying to write a new post in the firefox browser the cursors weren't there. Is there something I'm missing or is this just a glitch from two browsers that don't want to talk to each other.

gillie -> RE: Firefox vs Internet Explorer (4/24/2007 3:33:56 PM)

now, i know that eBay is doing a partnership with firefox that's currently in beta, but there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to list your items with any other browser. i am really confused as to why they told you that, or why you were having problems listing items with them on IE. could you elaborate on your original problem before you contacted ebay?

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (4/24/2007 3:38:24 PM)

[Deleted by Admins]

chinchillabutt -> RE: Firefox vs Internet Explorer (4/24/2007 5:04:55 PM)

i have a problem not seeing the cursor too! i posted
about it a while ago and i think everyone thought i was
a bit of a freak [;)]
what i DID notice though, was my cursor shows up
after typing about 15 letters[:D]

gillie -> RE: Firefox vs Internet Explorer (4/24/2007 5:08:18 PM)

there were other reasons that made us think you were a freak[;)]

honestly, i am not sure what's up with firefox and this forum software. i'll take a look at the developers forum for the product to see if I can find any clues.

Guest -> RE: Firefox vs Internet Explorer (4/24/2007 5:30:04 PM)

Pardon me, my eyes are a bit glazed over from being in front of this box. I just listed a second item. I tried it with IE. When prices are confirmed, I clicked the list item button. Nothing...absolutely nothing. Live help suggested (with my first listing)I download Firefox. Did so. Listed and view beautifly. I was on my MSN and opened a window. View the auction with that and it looked a lot scattered with empty boxes, just of a disorganized mess (kinda like my brain) Viewed with the Firefox browser and it looked great.....????

This is twice I've attempted to use IE and just hit that brick wall. Firefox was the only browser that let me complete my transaction. Make any sense?

gillie -> RE: Firefox vs Internet Explorer (4/24/2007 5:41:25 PM)

does anything else on eBay look like that to you in IE? it sounds to me like you have stuff blocked somehow with that browser (rather than gloablly with your personal computer's settings) which is why it worked in a different browser. what you just described is not typical of IE.

chinchillabutt -> RE: Firefox vs Internet Explorer (4/24/2007 6:25:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gillie

i should've known i was setting myself up ...[:D]

hope things work out for you soon, shelly!

Guest -> RE: Firefox vs Internet Explorer (4/24/2007 6:46:47 PM)

until now, I've used nothing else but IE and haven't had any problems. Still don't, just on ebay. Would it be a security issue. I know windows has been going batty, lately, with updates.

Guest -> RE: Firefox vs Internet Explorer (4/24/2007 6:48:20 PM)

Ya know...we're all freaks here....aren't we??? Thanks

gillie -> RE: Firefox vs Internet Explorer (4/24/2007 7:33:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: chinchillabutt

quote:

ORIGINAL: gillie

i should've known i was setting myself up ...[:D]

hope things work out for you soon, shelly!

How could I let that one lie there? [;)]

gillie -> RE: Firefox vs Internet Explorer (4/24/2007 7:35:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SBedsaul

until now, I've used nothing else but IE and haven't had any problems. Still don't, just on ebay. Would it be a security issue. I know windows has been going batty, lately, with updates.

It *could* be; I haven't heard of similar issues in regards to eBay and IE, though. Anyone else having a similar problem??

chinchillabutt -> RE: Firefox vs Internet Explorer (4/26/2007 12:15:30 AM)

ok - my husband was checking out an auction on his laptop which has IE. things were really weird so he asked me to look
at the same auction on my computer (firefox)

TOTALLY DIFFERENT!
here's the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1965-BUICK-RIVIERA_W0QQitemZ270113514348QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6142QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

that's with firefox.

on IE - there's a "buy it now" for $8000.00
there aren't any bids showing.
and when the auction is refreshed, you see a glimpse of the
above link, then it settles to the IE version.

this is really messed up and i hope i'm explaining this well.

this is either a type of scam or ebay has to get it's act together - or maybe it's IE - i have no idea.

chinchillabutt -> RE: Firefox vs Internet Explorer (4/26/2007 12:28:18 AM)

i'm guessing this is a scam. so be careful everyone.

the scam auction doesn't have "email to a friend" and you can't
watch it. once you click "watch item" it boots you out.
when that happens, i just log off entirely.

very clever. assholes.[:@]

oh and another thing: this fake auction needs the bidder(s)
to be preapproved.

gillie -> RE: Firefox vs Internet Explorer (4/26/2007 7:58:33 AM)

ebay motors is a seperate business from ebay proper, and yes, you can ask that bidders be pre-approved prior to bidding. i don't think that has anything to do with ie vs firefox.

have you ever noticed on ebay proper that it takes time for a closed auction to rebuild itself to show you things properly in IE? i think this is just how ebay's code works in general on IE.

chinchillabutt -> RE: Firefox vs Internet Explorer (4/26/2007 11:56:38 AM)

yeah - i understand that ebay motors is different[:)]
but when you see the auction in firefox the bidders
don't need to be preapproved.

it's as if someone created a fake page over the real one.

(oh and we're not looking to buy such a high priced item -
just looking around [;)])

i wish i could do a screen capture of both pages[&o]

gillie -> RE: Firefox vs Internet Explorer (4/26/2007 3:31:05 PM)

you can do screenshots of both, but i'm not very good at explaing how to do it. anyone else want to jump in here?

chinchillabutt -> RE: Firefox vs Internet Explorer (4/26/2007 4:41:45 PM)

guess what? the listing is gone - LOL!

Guest -> RE: Firefox vs Internet Explorer (4/27/2007 8:29:40 PM)

Looked at the auction today, both on my puter and the one at work. I don't think I'm getting the scam page. I have the counter and there is nothing  for pre-approval. The live help on ebay is the one that suggested I download firefox, so I'm inclined to believe it is a problem with IE. Maybe, ol Bill is just getting a little tired and old. After all, he's about 20 years older than the average programmer. I mean, what company in their right mind would release an OS and then take two more years to fix all the bugs. Gotta give the Live help guys alot of credit. They were very patient and helpful, unlike the ones that respond to emails. I sent one to them  about this problem and have yet received a reply.

Guest -> RE: Firefox vs Internet Explorer (4/27/2007 8:32:12 PM)

Oh, I almost forgot. I also changed my screen resolution per another recommendation. Although, everything else is great, it didn't fix the IE screen......sigh.

Page: [1]

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode