Art Community Forum | EBSQ Self-Representing Artis Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Kiki Smith at Boston MFA

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support >> Kiki Smith at Boston MFA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kiki Smith at Boston MFA - 3/14/2006 4:46:30 PM   
Hi there,

I'm a new person here and this is my first post.

I am curious if anybody that is a member here may be attending the special fundraiser event at the Boston MFA for Kiki Smith in May. I have considered attending but no no one else (being a starving artist) that is.

She is one of my favorites so I know it would be worthwhile.

Thank you. I hope to return as things calm down on my side of the monitor and become more acquainted.

Deidre
  Post #: 1
RE: Kiki Smith at Boston MFA - 3/14/2006 7:31:25 PM   
labeana

Deidre, your work is stunning!! 

John Borerro lives in Boston, he might be interested in seeing her show, just pm him and see....

welcome, and please come back soon...

MY BLOG

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: Kiki Smith at Boston MFA - 3/15/2006 2:02:00 PM   
Hi Lauren,

Thank you so much! I also looked at your work and it is so meticulous and perfect. It's wonderful.

I am hoping to take more part in the forums so that I can actually put identities to the work and see it some sort of context.

I am acquainted with John's work too. I love it!

My expectations for attending the Kiki smith dinner are low. It would be great to hear her speak though.

(in reply to labeana)
  Post #: 3
RE: Kiki Smith at Boston MFA - 3/15/2006 5:42:37 PM   
labeana

is this a costly dinner or something? it's not just a gallery opening?

MY BLOG

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 4
RE: Kiki Smith at Boston MFA - 3/23/2006 3:29:59 PM   
Lauren,

Sorry for the time it took me to reply. I haven't had computer access for the past few days.

Unfortunately, it is a costly event - a costly MFA fundraiser. Every year an artist is chosen to receive this award and it is comprised of cocktails, dinner, and presentation. Last year it was Jim Dine.

I have never gone and I don't know to whom it is open. Since I have sold work at the Christmas Sale for the past couple of years I have received an invitation. I am so curious and Kiki Smith is one of my favorites. It also sounds fun - just a little beyond my usual budget.

(in reply to labeana)
  Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support >> Kiki Smith at Boston MFA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

EBSQ Artists GroupEBSQ Self Representing Artists - A division of EBSQ, LLC  Privacy Policy  Contact EBSQ
© 2000-2005 EBSQ, LLC - All rights reserved - Original artists retain All rights

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode