rearranging art (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support

Guest -> rearranging art (1/8/2013 5:26:19 PM)

Is there a way to rearrange the pieces in one's Portfolio?
  Before the redesign of the site, we could change the numbers on our pieces to rearrange them, but now that option seems to be missing. Is there another way of doing that?
  The reason I'm asking is I used to move my sold pieces to the last page, so that new and/or unsold art was on the first pages. Now there are several pieces that are sold on my first page & I'd rather use the spaces for available work, but have not found a way to move them. I've checked all over the Tool Box and here on the bulletin board community to no avail.
   Is rearranging my art still possible and if so, where can I find the instructions?
        Thanks for any help you can give me.
             Jackie

gillie -> RE: rearranging art (1/8/2013 5:27:44 PM)

Not currently, no.

Lindi -> RE: rearranging art (1/8/2013 11:29:16 PM)

I can see where that could be an inconvenience, but at the same time, I like it that my most recent uploads appear first. That also makes sense. [:)]

platypus -> RE: rearranging art (1/9/2013 12:03:52 AM)

I'd like to be able to arrange the work too. Most recent first is a good default, but i frequently upload older pieces and would like to be able to rearrange.

skeymask -> RE: rearranging art (1/9/2013 10:32:34 AM)

quote:

I'd like to be able to arrange the work too. Most recent first is a good default, but i frequently upload older pieces and would like to be able to rearrange.

We used to be able to rearrange them and sort them (it was GREAT), but can't anymore. Then when the site was redone there was talk about us being able to at least arrange them like drag and drop or something.

The thing I don't like about the way it is now is I work in so many different media, subjects, etc. that it's kind of irritating because when a client or buyer looks at my portfolio (unless they know to look in each gallery, which they usually don't), it just looks like an inconsistent hodge podge body of work when you go by pages.[:)][:)]

Guest -> RE: rearranging art (1/9/2013 1:27:46 PM)

Glad that I'm not the only one who would like the rearrange option. Is there a possibility that it can be incorporated into the site's mechanics at some point? Perhaps now that you know that there is a popular demand for it, there's a way to add it on?
   Thanks everyone for letting me know I'm not the only one who misses that feature.
                 Jackie

gillie -> RE: rearranging art (1/9/2013 1:39:18 PM)

Re-arranging individual galleries is planned, re-ordering a full-portfolio is not, although there will be some options there.

toucanne -> RE: rearranging art (1/9/2013 3:12:44 PM)

quote:

Re-arranging individual galleries

Will it be possible to put a single piece in several galleries then? Because that would allow us to make a "Sold" gallery, a "New Work" gallery, etc.

gillie -> RE: rearranging art (1/9/2013 4:18:45 PM)

I'm not entirely sure since I'm not handling all of the technical stuff. But I'll let you know as soon as I know!

platypus -> RE: rearranging art (1/9/2013 5:27:52 PM)

I would love a drag & drop rearrange system!

zuelsdorf -> RE: rearranging art (2/22/2013 4:22:18 PM)

I TOO WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE TO REARRANGE MY UPLOADED ART! IT JUST DOESN'T LOOK RIGHT TO MIX PIECES LIKE THAT. I MAY HAVE TO QUIT AND FIND ANOTHER SITE, BUT I HATE TO DO THAT BEECAUSE OF ALL THE WORK I've PUT IN ON MY SITE.

pLEASE HELP! SEEMS THAT OTHERS WOULD LIKE THIS ALSO. I FIND THIS TO BE A CRUCIAL FEATURE!

THANKS, VIRGINIA zUELSDORF

gillie -> RE: rearranging art (2/22/2013 9:41:14 PM)

Thanks for your feedback. I can't make any promises, but if it's doable, you'll see an improvement on this front with the next release.

Page: [1]

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode