[Deleted] (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (3/23/2012 1:37:54 AM)

[Deleted by Admins]

gillie -> RE: Comments (3/23/2012 8:22:13 AM)

I believe you have to be logged into your facebook account for this feature to work. And yes, it's quietly been in place for a few months now.

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (3/23/2012 4:31:05 PM)

[Deleted by Admins]

toucanne -> RE: Comments (3/23/2012 11:07:42 PM)

quote:

it's quietly been in place for a few months now.

VERY quietly. [:D]
I'll have to look.

bromley2 -> RE: Comments (3/24/2012 8:51:40 AM)

Just curious, why do you have to have a fb account? Do the comments go to fb? I have been noticing the comment boxes, but only once did I say something. I don't know if the artist saw it or not. When you make a comment is the artist notified??

C

gillie -> RE: Comments (3/24/2012 9:53:54 AM)

No, right now, we don't have the ability to notify the artist when comments are made. That's part of why this has been a "quiet" roll out until we can find a way to better customize how Facebook's API works with our site. Obviously, knowing about comments would be a real benefit, and it's one we want to add. We just don't quite have a way to do so yet.

You DO Have the option to publish your comment on FB (there's a ticky box) but the reason why it's FB is because it's their tool we plugged into the site.

bromley2 -> RE: Comments (3/24/2012 12:46:01 PM)

Oh, I see!! Well, I think it is a good idea and look forward to it's evolution. When I comment again, I will look for the ticky box and publish it!!

C

Lindi -> RE: Comments (3/24/2012 3:06:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gillie
Obviously, knowing about comments would be a real benefit, and it's one we want to add.

Seems like it would be a necessity rather than a benefit. (Comments are not always nice or may contain private information). Is there a way to disallow comments? I know Facebook and Google+ (among others) have that option, where you don't have to allow comments on your posts and photos, etc., or they can be subject to approval. I'm not sure I'd want to allow comments on my stuff without approval at the very least. Will that option be available? Is there a way to find out if any of my work has been commented on without slogging through the whole portfolio? Is there a way to delete comments that we might not approve of?

Sorry to be a pain, but these are all things that I would like to know. [:)]

gillie -> RE: Comments (3/24/2012 3:51:58 PM)

Right now, only someone with site moderator status can remove comments. Again, this is partially why this is not a highly publicized feature. As of yet, we haven't seen any spam or anything other than positive posted.

No, there's no way to disallow at the moment.

And right now, there's no way to see (even for a moderator) who has what comments, or even any at all. Facebook's API is still rather clumsy that way.

Sorry that's not a better answer, but it is what it is right now.

Lindi -> RE: Comments (3/24/2012 3:56:35 PM)

Thank you for the additional info.

[:)]

gillie -> RE: Comments (3/26/2012 10:22:37 AM)

Bill told me that the notification issue is partially due to a known bug with FB's API. He's checking into whether or not this has ever been fixed.

skeymask -> RE: Comments (3/28/2012 7:09:45 AM)

I had assumed that it was like using the FB "like" button for voting. That you had to be logged in to FB and that comments were posted on your FB same as votes...no?

gillie -> RE: Comments (3/28/2012 10:57:20 AM)

This is different. You can leave comments on our site.

skeymask -> RE: Comments (3/28/2012 12:29:09 PM)

I've seen where you are talking about, but at the time I thought it worked the same...thanks.

Page: [1]

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode