The survery balloon (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support

Guest -> The survery balloon (2/27/2012 4:08:33 PM)

The pop up text enhance survey balloon that happens if you accidentally put your mouse next to the "embed picture in post" box, at bottom of the posting box is pretty strange/annoying/distracting. It is especially annoying that it doesn't just go away when the mouse is moved, but it must involve a click. It is getting harder to navigate this forum, I am trying.

Guest -> RE: The survery balloon (2/27/2012 4:38:28 PM)

It actually pops up in other spots too, like the reply box where it says "Notify me by email when someone replies".

gillie -> RE: The survery balloon (2/27/2012 9:41:32 PM)

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about, Steph.

And please, let me reiterate, the forum software has not changed or been altered in any way for close to 18 months now. If things are suddenly different for you, it's because something changed on your end (like an automatic browser update, for example). If you want us to help you figure out what that is, we'll certainly try.

Lindi -> RE: The survery balloon (2/27/2012 10:20:32 PM)

I tried to recreate that one by mousing all around "embed picture in post" and "notify me via e-mail..." but didn't get anything. Not sure what a survey balloon is, but thought I would try it since my reply window looks different all of a sudden, like yours does. But I'm not getting this one! Sorry I can't help! What browser and OS do you use?

toucanne -> RE: The survery balloon (2/27/2012 11:16:11 PM)

Not sure either, I don't get any pop-ups when mousing around. Must be something in your browser, maybe? When Apple put out OSX, Macs had these "help balloons" that would pop up around everything, but you could turn them off in System Preferences. It's been so long I don't even know if they still have those.

bromley2 -> RE: The survery balloon (2/28/2012 7:09:01 AM)

I don't see anything, either, Steph. I can imagine that something like that would certainly be annoying.....and frustrating!! I hope it can be fixed easily...or maybe it will fix itself!! I will keep my fingers crossed!

C

platypus -> RE: The survery balloon (2/28/2012 9:12:42 AM)

Stephanie, maybe you could take some screen shots?

Guest -> RE: The survery balloon (2/29/2012 10:14:53 AM)

Sorry so late with a reply. It is not easy finding TIME to deal with this. I can't make screen shot procedure work for some reason but this is the balloon, I took a picture of it.

[image]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/beadedheron/002-1.gif[/image]

If I understand Aime's response correctly, by updating my computer software regularly, I am making it difficult to play on here. I thought for security we are supposed to do updates to prevent viruses and such. In other words, If I never touch a thing, then I will match what the software is for here? I am confused.

platypus -> RE: The survery balloon (2/29/2012 11:38:06 AM)

Do you only get this when posting here? It looks like you have some of add-on (for lack of a better term), that message is directing you to "platteville.com" (I think) whatever that is. It looks like Text Enhance is something you downloaded at some point.

Lindi -> RE: The survery balloon (2/29/2012 11:54:02 AM)

Looks like you've got a nasty piece of adware. I don't know what browser you use... Here is how to remove it from Firefox:
http://jasondenaro.com/RemoveTextEnhanceGreenWords.htm

You could search Google for how to remove from other browsers, if you use something else.

[:-]

Guest -> RE: The survery balloon (2/29/2012 2:52:06 PM)

Thank you Vickie and Linda, this is what I am trying to figure out, why I posted. OK, off and running...but my posting window still shows the boxes and not the icons, so between this and that and the highlighted text word typing words like swarovski, it all started to suck!

gillie -> RE: The survery balloon (2/29/2012 3:06:55 PM)

Yeah, that's not us doing that, Steph.

And no, I didn't mean that updating your computer = bad. I just meant that we have made zero changes here, so any changes you're experiencing on the forums are due to something on your end, LIKE automatic browser updates. Sorry I wasn't clear enough.

As for the posting window, that's due to a browser update. I'm afraid there isn't anything we can do to change that for you. That's simply how browsers parse the forum code. My posting windows look the same since the last Firefox update.

We still haven't figured out the highlighted words yet.

Guest -> RE: The survery balloon (2/29/2012 6:14:58 PM)

Thanks Amie, at least I know I am not losing my mind. I am running malware bites and stuff just to make sure.

Page: [1]

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode