"Like" buttons not working? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support

skeymask -> "Like" buttons not working? (6/29/2011 9:26:18 AM)

The "like" buttons are not working for me today anywhere on the site, and they look funky too...is it an everybody problem or just a Sherry problem?[:)][:)][:)]

I was trying to "like" AOTD but just had to do a link instead.

gillie -> RE: "Like" buttons not working? (6/29/2011 9:39:19 AM)

Can you be a bit more specific, Sherry? In what way aren't they working? What happens when you click?

skeymask -> RE: "Like" buttons not working? (6/29/2011 11:04:56 AM)

Oh poo...I'm working on a screenshot. It's not cooperating. Get back with you after lunch...(-:

gillie -> RE: "Like" buttons not working? (6/29/2011 11:28:34 AM)

Ok. And so you know, I tried it earlier, it didn't look wonky, and it worked for me. Maybe FB's API is having issues today?

toucanne -> RE: "Like" buttons not working? (6/29/2011 11:50:00 AM)

Something weird happened yesterday: I Liked Jeanne's Fern entry, and it posted with the photo of an artist (not even Jeanne)
Just FYI, as yesterday is a lifetime in Facebook terms... [8|][:D]

skeymask -> RE: "Like" buttons not working? (6/29/2011 12:01:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: toucanne

Something weird happened yesterday: I Liked Jeanne's Fern entry, and it posted with the photo of an artist (not even Jeanne)
Just FYI, as yesterday is a lifetime in Facebook terms... [8|][:D]

I had that happen too. If I just copy and paste as a link on FB it let's me choose which photo. If I do like it just picks one of 9 or 10 and I had to remove it when trying to post it that way.

Well, here is my screenshot. You might have to use a magnifying glass to see what the like button looks like as my crop and enlarge tools are not cooperating with me...(-:
[image]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5184/5885110548_b31a8a85b0.jpg[/image]

skeymask -> RE: "Like" buttons not working? (6/29/2011 12:25:39 PM)

Okay, it LOOKS right with IE. It's not looking right in GC.

I am getting an error in the console for GC.

Here it is:
Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL http://www.ebsqart.com/Art-of-the-Day/Life-is-like-a-box-of-cho/413/Koi-Roses/691210/ from frame with URL http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebsqart.com%2FArt-of-the-Day%2FLife-is-like-a-box-of-cho%2F413%2FKoi-Roses%2F691210%2F&layout=button_count&show_faces=false&width=100&action=like&font=arial&height=25&layout=button_count. Domains, protocols and ports must match.

=============================

But Google C. has always been fine before. Except when it comes to templates for EBAY, then I have to use IE.

gillie -> RE: "Like" buttons not working? (6/29/2011 12:31:57 PM)

that's weird. I tested using Google Chrome with no java errors. That said, since it's not our code, I'm not sure how we can fix this for you. Perhaps try rebooting? God only knows why that works, but 7 times out of 10, it fixes browser issues.

skeymask -> RE: "Like" buttons not working? (6/29/2011 12:38:07 PM)

Yeah, that's always my first line of defense, but did I think of it today...No...lol.

But I have been having the same problem as Muriel on FB. Where it won't give me a choice of a pic and it puts the wrong one in the post. But if I copy the link at the top of the page and do a link in FB it will let me choose the pic.

I will have to see if it is the same problem in IE as GC.

skeymask -> RE: "Like" buttons not working? (6/29/2011 12:49:59 PM)

Hmm...I didn't even have to reboot...I just closed out my browsers and it's looking right now even though I reopened both IE and GC. Maybe it got confused cause I had so MANY windows open in two different browsers. I'm just guessing here. I haven't tried seeing if the like button actually works yet. I will try that later.

AnnieM -> RE: "Like" buttons not working? (6/29/2011 4:27:28 PM)

That's the same problem I was having the other day with the "like" button. It was Friday and it was showing the upcoming Sunday's AoD (a Football Player) for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So for a fix, I went into the people's portfolios, searched out their AoD, and posted it from their ports instead. Took longer to search them out inside the ports, but it was sort of a fix.

skeymask -> RE: "Like" buttons not working? (6/30/2011 7:24:18 PM)

That's a good idea Annie...thanks!! I don't know why it's doing that though. Was that with IE or GC? I prefer Google C. I really don't want to have to keep bouncing between browsers.

AnnieM -> RE: "Like" buttons not working? (6/30/2011 8:35:42 PM)

It's IE.

skeymask -> RE: "Like" buttons not working? (6/30/2011 8:37:03 PM)

Hmm..well I had the same thing happen on GC so don't know what the deal is...(-:

AnnieM -> RE: "Like" buttons not working? (7/1/2011 10:07:41 AM)

Mine's working ok today.

Page: [1]

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode