Help with Image (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support

imakeart -> Help with Image (1/21/2011 7:03:22 AM)

I need help! For mysterious reasons my Photoshop changed the settings at which I save .jpg's and I didn't realize it before uploading my latest fractal to EBSQ. It's all blurry. [:o]

So I went in to see if there was anything I could do and saw that I could "Upload new image." But I don't think it's working.

I re-saved my fractal as a .jpg with the correct settings (it looks perfect) and click on Upload new image. It looked like it uploaded the new image, but it's still all blurry. [&o]

Help?!

imakeart -> RE: Help with Image (1/21/2011 7:09:44 AM)

This is what it should look like:

[image]http://amandamakepeace.com/art/media/ebsq/somethingred2.jpg[/image]

And attached is what I see on EBSQ.

[image]local://22240/B0D40E72A4B04F05A3C946F478A8CC61.jpg[/image]

gillie -> RE: Help with Image (1/21/2011 10:40:29 AM)

Did you try uploading it again as a new beastie rather than as an over-write?

imakeart -> RE: Help with Image (1/21/2011 10:46:01 AM)

No, I didn't try that! Excellent idea.

If that works, there is still the question of my Fractal Show entry. If I change the current artwork to hidden--will it take it out of the show?

gillie -> RE: Help with Image (1/21/2011 10:50:55 AM)

It *should* remove it from the show, but you can also remove it on your own. Simply click the "enter no show" thinger on the show entry page and save at the bottom of the show list.

imakeart -> RE: Help with Image (1/21/2011 10:52:53 AM)

Oh! I didn't realize you could take are out of a show. (making mental note)

Well, I just uploaded the new one and it's still showing up blurry. [&o] It must not like something about that image.

gillie -> RE: Help with Image (1/21/2011 11:22:42 AM)

Well, at least we know now that it's not simply a matter of overwrite not working. Could you email me the jpeg for us to take a look and do a few tests?

imakeart -> RE: Help with Image (1/21/2011 11:29:10 AM)

Yes, will do now. Maybe Photoshop did something else to it besides the Quality Setting. I'm going to take a look at it too.

imakeart -> RE: Help with Image (1/21/2011 11:43:59 AM)

I noticed that my .jpg was around 172 K; which I thought was odd. So I went back into Photoshop to re-edit the original .png file. Saved it again and it seemed like a normal sized file. Uploaded it and it too was blurry. So I've hidden all three images.

Page: [1]

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode