Portfolio glitches... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support

skeymask -> Portfolio glitches... (8/26/2010 10:02:09 AM)

If I go to my portfolio and use the drop down menu to go to one of my galleries...say Faces/Mask for example, then click on any artwork it will not open it up and it takes you to this message:

Due to a major site redesign, some pages may no longer available. Many of our achives can be found in the following sections:
Featured Artist Interviews

EBSQ Member Directory

Current EBSQ Zine & Archived Articles

Click here to continue to ebsqart.com.

=================================

This has been this way for a long time but I just thought it was the way it was until I started noticing other peoples portfolios are not that way.

Would you guys try to use my drop down galleries and see if you have the same problem and let me know.

It also doesn't show all my artwork that I have uploaded. In each gallery if it has multiple pages it might say 1 of 2 pages at the bottom but won't go to the second page.

I would appreciate feedback to see if it is only when I go to my portfolio or if anyone else goes to my portfolio.

Thanks,
Sherry

lamillerphotography -> RE: Portfolio glitches... (8/26/2010 10:14:52 AM)

I see the same thing in your portfolio.

skeymask -> RE: Portfolio glitches... (8/26/2010 10:16:00 AM)

Lisa, thanks...you mean the same problem right?[:)]

gillie -> RE: Portfolio glitches... (8/26/2010 10:16:07 AM)

The problem is the slash in the name you gave your gallery, which is breaking the html for that gallery. We'll have to fix it from our end. Thanks for speaking up!

skeymask -> RE: Portfolio glitches... (8/26/2010 10:21:45 AM)

Thanks Aimee...wow...who woulda thunk it! I should have spoken up sooner.

Do you have anything you can do for my template for EBay auctions too. Every time I cut and paste it, it ends up all messed up. It didn't used to do that.

-------------------

Are you guys working on the site because I noticed a few odd things like the AOTD is still on the front page from yesterday, but if you click on the date it shows the current AOTD for today.

gillie -> RE: Portfolio glitches... (8/26/2010 10:42:45 AM)

Actually, just figured out that the image id Melissa selected for art of the day today is actually a detail image of a larger piece, which is why it's not working. Going to fix that now, too!

gillie -> RE: Portfolio glitches... (8/26/2010 10:57:33 AM)

Could you give me further insight into your template problem? I need more specifics to be able to assist you here.

AOTD is fixed. Your gallery name issues should be rectified shortly as well.

gillie -> RE: Portfolio glitches... (8/26/2010 11:18:47 AM)

Also, your personal gallery problem has been fixed. Let me know what's up with your eBay templates!

skeymask -> RE: Portfolio glitches... (8/27/2010 9:46:07 AM)

Yay! I didn't know how much was not showing up in my portfolio till you fixed it.

On the template thing, it's kind of hard to explain in writing. Okay, after I generate my template, it looks fine here. Then when I go and copy it into the html tabbed area on Ebay, then I look at it in standard view and it is messed up with extra spacing everywhere and then when I go look at it again in HTML view it has plugged extra code into it. I don't have it to look at in front of me but I think the extra code is:

" " or something like that over and over and over again which creates a bunch of spacing and it takes a lot of time to back the extra coding out that is between everything.

It used to be just fine. I really, really like using the template...I hope you can help me out.

Hmmm...I just looked at this in preview and where I tried to show you the code between the quotation marks, it just shows up as blank in the preview.

Thanks,
Sherry

gillie -> RE: Portfolio glitches... (8/27/2010 9:56:30 AM)

i saw it in the message, even if it's not showing up here. the code you typed is the html for creating a "space"

Where in the template are the spaces showing up? I mean, is it in your text? Or are other elements getting distorted?

skeymask -> RE: Portfolio glitches... (8/27/2010 10:59:02 AM)

In between just about everything. If I recall correctly it is for sure between ALL the writing.

Like instead of saying "EBSQ Self Representing Artist" it might look like EBSQ__________Self______________Representing Artist.

It adds that spacing code after I copy into the HTML area on Ebay. Is there some code that has ended up in my template that makes it add the other code for spacing?

gillie -> RE: Portfolio glitches... (8/27/2010 11:01:14 AM)

I don't know because I can't see your code, lol. Did you try regenerating the code on our site and then plugging it in on ebay again?

gillie -> RE: Portfolio glitches... (8/27/2010 11:31:43 AM)

I generated a template from one of your pieces of art and tried a test listing on ebay (just to the point where i preview my listing) and I couldn't replicate the problem.

skeymask -> RE: Portfolio glitches... (8/27/2010 9:02:39 PM)

Thanks so much for all your help! Maybe the gallery issue that you have fixed now, affected it in someway. I will try it next time I list something and let you know.

Thanks again.

Sherry

Page: [1]

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode