Art Community Forum | EBSQ Self-Representing Artis Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

HELP! My images are too tiny :(

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support >> HELP! My images are too tiny :( Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HELP! My images are too tiny :( - 9/13/2009 4:03:22 PM   
AnnieM

HELP! I just posted some new work up in "Painting" and my images are way too tiny. I can see that other people are posting their work and they have big images. Can anyone tell me how to do that? I've been gone for awhile working on this project, and it seems that since I've been gone, EBSQ has changed things?

Would appreciate MUCHO if anyone can help me with this problem. Here's an example of what I mean by tiny. This is posted with the "Click here to upload!" button below (and embed picture in post). Is there some other way?

Thumbnail Image

Attachment (1)

Annie's Art
Annie's Live Journal Blog
Annie's Blog
Ann FB
Post #: 1
RE: HELP! My images are too tiny :( - 9/13/2009 4:18:34 PM   
Harlan

If you host your images on another site you can click the  icon (above the input field when you are in a reply window) and a small window will pop up and allow you to put in the URL for the image - something like: http://www.ebsqart.com/forum/rteimages/image.gif 

When you use that method you could put in very large images but it is best to keep them at about 600-700 pixels wide so as not to end up making the forum page wonky and viewers needing to scroll over to see the whole image.

If you cannot host your images elsewhere there are limitations as to the size that you are allow to embed.

There are many places (such as Flickr) that you can get to host your images.

Hope that helps, Annie!!!

< Message edited by Harlan -- 9/13/2009 4:19:34 PM >

You're unique! Just like everyone else. ;)
CraftArtEdu
Flickr

(in reply to AnnieM)
Post #: 2
RE: HELP! My images are too tiny :( - 9/13/2009 4:29:53 PM   
AnnieM

Hi Jeanne: THANKS! I finally found the "image" button up top here and then did the upload, so I was able to make my images bigger. It's amazing how much I can forget even being gone just a few months. I still don't see the little landscape icon button anywhere when I post, but going up to the "image" button above is what finally worked.

DANKA so much for your suggestions :)

< Message edited by AnnieM -- 9/13/2009 4:50:37 PM >

Annie's Art
Annie's Live Journal Blog
Annie's Blog
Ann FB

(in reply to Harlan)
Post #: 3
RE: HELP! My images are too tiny :( - 9/13/2009 9:17:13 PM   
I don't have that little icon anymore either - what is up with that?

(in reply to AnnieM)
  Post #: 4
RE: HELP! My images are too tiny :( - 9/13/2009 10:22:10 PM   
gillie

How many of you just upgraded to IE8? We didn't make any code changes to the forums, but IE8 handles the code differently than other versions of IE. (we're expecting a patch for this problem)

Even if you don't see a little pictogram to add a hosted image to a post, you can still click the word "image" in the tools listed above where you type your message.

Amie Gillingham
co-founder, EBSQ
web: http://www.ebsqart.com
blog: http://blog.ebsqart.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ebsq
Get out of the vacuum and express yourself!

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support >> HELP! My images are too tiny :( Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

EBSQ Artists GroupEBSQ Self Representing Artists - A division of EBSQ, LLC  Privacy Policy  Contact EBSQ
© 2000-2005 EBSQ, LLC - All rights reserved - Original artists retain All rights

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode