Cead Mile Failte (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support

Guest -> Cead Mile Failte (6/9/2008 8:05:22 AM)

Hello to everybody here. My name is Thomas and I am an artist living in Ireland. I am so looking forward to learning so much from all of you and meet up with fellow minds.

I paint mostly in watercolurs and acrylics. Mainly landscapes but anything goes really. I also make a lot of woodcraft as well. My website is here www.celticcrossarts.com if you want to see what it is I do.

My favourite painters would be Samuel Palmer, Turner, Edward Hopper, Monet, John Singer Sargent, Charles Burchfield and just about anything which knocks me over with a feather and is painted/sculpted with sincerity and passion regardless of artists and era.

All the Best,
Thomas

The image below is my latest canvas entitled "Meet the Neighbours" which was the scene behind a studio I rented in Portobello in Dublin a few years back. I hope to enter it in the Boyle Arts Festival here in July.

[image]local://22238/FD60075CAA824AECA623607242932CA6.jpg[/image]

GreenBiscuit -> RE: Cead Mile Failte (6/9/2008 8:40:21 AM)

Failte, Thomas!  I am glad that you found us.  Your piece is lovely!  I see you are registered as a Patron.  For a small monthly fee, you can become an artist member, and it opens up a whole new world at EBSQ - including the ability to enter monthly exhibitions that have chip-in prizes.  You can also have your portfolio online, and even make sales from the site, if you wish, using Paypal.  The forums are chock full of great information and great, friendly people.  Either way, please show us some more work.

Guest -> RE: Cead Mile Failte (6/9/2008 8:56:10 AM)

Yes I will upgrade the memebership. I have only just arrived here and finding my way around and it all does look very promising indeed I must say. Well done.

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (6/9/2008 9:22:29 AM)

[Deleted by Admins]

bromley2 -> RE: Cead Mile Failte (6/9/2008 10:06:34 AM)

Welcome, Welcome!!  Yes, there is a lot here to see and do.  Lots of places for artistic discussion if you feel so inclined!!  Welcome!

Carolyn

platypus -> RE: Cead Mile Failte (6/9/2008 11:28:27 AM)

Hi Thomas,

Welcome!

labeana -> RE: Cead Mile Failte (6/9/2008 12:13:22 PM)

Hi Thomas and welcome...hope to see you soon in the Coffee Talk discussion thread, where lots of us hang out....[:)]

barbsgarden -> RE: Cead Mile Failte (6/9/2008 12:44:13 PM)

Hi Thomas and welcome 

Guest -> RE: Cead Mile Failte (6/9/2008 12:58:00 PM)

Hi Thomas! Love your work! [sm=ok.gif]

Guest -> RE: Cead Mile Failte (6/9/2008 2:03:56 PM)

Welcome Thomas, checked out your website - really like your work.

lamillerphotography -> RE: Cead Mile Failte (6/9/2008 2:31:37 PM)

Welcome and fantastic work!

Guest -> RE: Cead Mile Failte (6/10/2008 7:48:52 AM)

Thanks everybody for your friendly and encouraging welcome.

Guest -> RE: Cead Mile Failte (6/12/2008 8:59:40 AM)

Here is also an example of some of the woodcraft work I do. This is a celtic cross made with materials from local bogs, woods and old ruins. The Celtic graphics are my own design based on 6th and 7th century sources and are hand painted in acrylics.

[image]http://celticcrossarts.com.hosting.domaindirect.com/organic_cross_a.jpg[/image]

Guest -> RE: Cead Mile Failte (6/12/2008 9:11:41 AM)

love your "meet the neighbors" painting. I have never seen power wires look so charming [:D] they almost look like a maypole the way they are depicted. It is a lovely style that you have [:)]

Guest -> RE: Cead Mile Failte (6/12/2008 10:02:45 AM)

Thanks Swirly the idea of the wires was based on the fact that the people in all them buildings were most immigrants from all over the world and they perhaps had more conversations with people in their homelands via that telephone pole in the back than the neighbours beside them. A 'so close and yet so far' kind of thing.

Now I feell totally pretentious! LOL.

Guest -> RE: Cead Mile Failte (7/4/2008 5:10:45 PM)

Greetings Thomas!

I'm an Irish American. Its so good to meet you! I'll definitely be checking out your work!

Wanda
:)

GreenBiscuit -> RE: Cead Mile Failte (7/4/2008 9:04:07 PM)

Oh my goodness, that cross is LOVELY!!!!

Guest -> RE: Cead Mile Failte (7/20/2008 11:28:59 AM)

Hi Thomas.
Love your work very much! Great painting. I love the way how you've painted the dramatic sky! WOW. I have always difficulties to paint sky in the way I want to... LOL
I'm a great fan of Ireland (and Scotland too), visited Ireland very often... love Dublin, special Malahide (WOW), which is between airport and the town, the seashore in front of Malahide is really great - also the Grand Hotel - love it! - I love also Cork, Clifden, Waterford, Wicklow Mountains and the whole Ireland!!!!! It was always great to be there... Be happy that you live there!
Ria

bromley2 -> RE: Cead Mile Failte (7/20/2008 4:01:11 PM)

Wow, that cross is just amazing!!

Carolyn

toucanne -> RE: Cead Mile Failte (7/20/2008 4:50:29 PM)

Welcome, Thomas! I'm Muriel and I'm a painter.
Like Ria, I love the sky in the painting you showed. [:)]
Don't wait to join, you will see TONS more forums when you do!
This is a great resource for artists.

Page: [1]

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode