Yowza -- My Portfolio Order Changed! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support

Patience -> Yowza -- My Portfolio Order Changed! (12/12/2007 10:55:10 PM)

I was opening my portfolio gallery this evening to add some new files, and I see the order of pieces in it have been completely swapped around (and not by me).  Checking my art case I see the images all out of whack -- the numerical order very jumbled.  I've spent considerable time in the past getting my thumbnails in exactly the order I want  -- what can I do to return it back to it's original state???  TIA, --Patience

bafiedel -> RE: Yowza -- My Portfolio Order Changed! (12/13/2007 6:18:22 AM)

That happened to me too Patience, but I fixed mine by realizing that the ones that were out of order were numbered 1000 and above (not that I have >1000 items, it's my numbering system ).  Once I renumbered them under 999, 998, 997, etc everything fell back into place.

Robin47 -> RE: Yowza -- My Portfolio Order Changed! (12/13/2007 8:32:53 AM)

Same thing has happened to me. Thanks, Beth!

gillie -> RE: Yowza -- My Portfolio Order Changed! (12/13/2007 8:46:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Patience

I was opening my portfolio gallery this evening to add some new files, and I see the order of pieces in it have been completely swapped around (and not by me).  Checking my art case I see the images all out of whack -- the numerical order very jumbled.  I've spent considerable time in the past getting my thumbnails in exactly the order I want  -- what can I do to return it back to it's original state???  TIA, --Patience

Here's what happened. A member wrote to us the other day asking for one more ordinal in the numbering system for the way she was trying to do things (she ran out of numbers per her system) so we added an extra ordinal, and now everything seems to be out of whack. We need to understand why before we can fix it. Hang tight!

Robin47 -> RE: Yowza -- My Portfolio Order Changed! (12/13/2007 8:49:59 AM)

I went in and changed the ones that i had that were ordered over 1000. that fixed them but the ones below that have hte correct numbers and are still out of order. Thanks for looking into this. I hope that you figures out something.

Patience -> RE: Yowza -- My Portfolio Order Changed! (12/13/2007 8:53:17 AM)

Hmmm, interesting.  Personally, I haven't used numbers above 2 digits yet, though I have always been able to successfully use '0' as well as 'negative numbers' (in numerical order, like this: -4, -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc) -- which let me place new items I might want showcased at the front of my first page, instead of automatically placing them behind everything else on the consecutive page, or forcing me to renumber everything every time (it's always worked beautifully, allowing me to add new work to the top without having to start over).  But now, I see it looks like this:  -1, -2, -3, -4, 0, 1, . Not only that, after '1', the numbering in my portfolio then inexplicably jumps to '10', '11', '12' and beyond -- but with '2' suddenly placed in between '19' and '20', and '3' suddenly in between '29' and '30', and '4' in between '39' and '40' (with 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 being last). Yes, indeed an interesting little pattern there -- mostly though I think it just adds up to some weird little glitch....

[edit:  oops, posted this before realizing Amy had addressed the issue here.  Thanks for looking into it Amy!]

Patience -> RE: Yowza -- My Portfolio Order Changed! (12/13/2007 9:21:46 AM)

Well. Since it's come up now and we're on the subject anyway, it does appear folks around here have quite differing methods for numbering their portfolios, which I find fascinating.  Care to share your system?  How did you come by it? Pros and Cons?  Post here -- inquiring minds wanna know!

Patience -> RE: Yowza -- My Portfolio Order Changed! (12/13/2007 10:21:19 PM)

Yay, it's fixed!  Many thanks to admin (though I'd *still* love to hear more about other member's personal numbering systems)....

Page: [1]

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode