Art Community Forum | EBSQ Self-Representing Artis Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support >> RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/12/2007 11:32:40 AM   
lamillerphotography

What Beth said

LisaM

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-Dr. Suess

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 21
RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/12/2007 12:15:55 PM   
Hi Anne!

I first joined EBSQ solely because of the auction template.  I wanted to sell my art without too much hassle, and I saw the template on eBay and thought it looked nice.  And it was actually much easier to use than I thought it would be. 

I really enjoy the artist community here and I do check in every day and post, etc.  That isn't what keeps me an EBSQ member, though - it's just a nice bonus.  

What keeps me here is the awesome portfolio.  It is professional looking and relatively easy to use.  I use my portfolio as my web site.  I have a domain name I forward to my portfolio.  To have a professional looking web site for an affordable fee is awesome! 

I haven't participated in the shows yet, and didn't even know we had a chat room.  But I have explored somewhat and EBSQ has a lot of helpful content.  The one thing I wish we had, as others have said, is the ability to sell on EBSQ.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 22
RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/12/2007 8:32:08 PM   
Lindi

quote:

If you have a moment, I'd love if you could share with me what it is about EBSQ that works best for you. I want to kick off my work by really understanding the benefit that EBSQ offers to its community members. There will be plenty of time later for critiques, of course! But I'd like to start off by understanding what EBSQ is doing right.

Welcome, Anne. We could use a web technology advisor - after all, the web is the vehicle through which we all connect here! I have been with EBSQ since 2001, and I think what works best for me here is the community aspect. I live in a very rural location (and I don't plan on changing that) so it's nice to connect with a variety of artsy people without having to travel to a larger city to do so. And by "connect", I mean look at a huge variety of art, get hints, tips, advice, and just chat with fellow artists on a casual level... Just plain "networking".

I first discovered ebsq as a key word in auction titles. I was just beginning to list my own art on eBay and I wondered what the key word was all about. "What is this ebsq?" I asked myself. I visited the web site, asked how to join, and here I am, the rest is history.

I, too, once won "member's choice" for a show that was sponsored by MisterArt. That was a long time ago, before we had patrons! The $100 gift certificate was fantastic. I bought a whole slew of acrylic paint supplies. I have also won (in the past) a cash prize for a juried show. Those of us who won split the total entry fee "purse"... something like that. I love the accolades, but I would enter even if there was no cash incentive. It's good exposure and just plain fun.

I didn't come here and I ain't leavin'. --Willie Nelson

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 23
RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/13/2007 7:34:01 PM   
Hello Anne :)
I also first discovered EBSQ because I saw that keyword often on Ebay.  Then I joined so I could get some help on starting my art business, selling on Ebay etc.  Now what I really love about EBSQ and why I stay is the community here --- such awesome folks and it is a *real* community, people really care about eachother here and help eachother out.  The addition of workshops and tutorials has made it all the more great.  Plus I love the exposure to many different mediums and styles of artwork that I might otherwise know nothing about.  I love that this is a place for any kind of artist, not limited to any one genre or experience level. 

(in reply to Lindi)
  Post #: 24
RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/13/2007 7:42:19 PM   
bafiedel

quote:

I first discovered ebsq as a key word in auction titles. I was just beginning to list my own art on eBay and I wondered what the key word was all about. "What is this ebsq?" I asked myself.

Ditto for me, BTW.

Beth

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 25
RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/13/2007 9:27:12 PM   
glistenglass

That's how I found my way here as well.

Darlene Ruda Dunat

(in reply to bafiedel)
Post #: 26
RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/13/2007 11:04:02 PM   
barbsgarden

I have been on eBSQ for several years( 2002). I love the portfolio and I wish we could sell here. there were only 300 artists when I joined and we were told soon we would be able to sell here. I love the templetes too. I like the forums.  Welcome Anne.    

< Message edited by barbsgarden -- 10/13/2007 11:05:08 PM >

Barbsgarden
http://www.barbarahavilandart.com
http://barbsgarden.ebsqart.com

(in reply to glistenglass)
Post #: 27
RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/14/2007 11:12:08 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: KariTirrell

I really enjoy the artist community here and I do check in every day and post, etc.  That isn't what keeps me an EBSQ member, though - it's just a nice bonus.  

I've thinking about the message boards since I posted this.  There are lots of EBSQ artists and only a small fraction of us post on the boards.  So that would tell me the majority value most the professional looking web site, or an affordable, easy way to get their art on the web.

But then I thought, if my web site wasn't so great, would I still be a member of EBSQ just for the message boards?  I think I would.  First, there's the social aspect - I look forward to reading about the latest crazy thing Heather has done (and we all know which Heather I'm talking about).  But more importantly, I enjoy being able to get feedback on my art - when to keep going, when to leave it alone, stop whining & paint - that sort of thing.  That's really valuable.  Or reading about fat over lean, something that completely makes my head spin and doesn't even apply to me.  But it's interesting, and maybe some day I'll want that information.  There are people on this board who know infinitely more than I do, and they're willing to share that knowledge.  That's pretty cool.  Just looking at other people's artwork and how they're pushing themselves to grow inspires me to push myself.  And that's pretty cool, too.

There's a wealth of information on these boards.  I hope other artists are lurking and we just can't see them, because if not they're missing out on a very valuable aspect of EBSQ.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 28
RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/15/2007 5:25:28 PM   
Hi everyone and thanks for all the feedback. KariTirrell, it's a good point you make that not everyone participates on the message boards. Concluding that many people are here for an affordable way to get their art on the web makes a lot of sense.

"fat over lean"? Had to look that one up! I can see I'm going to learn a ton here, not just from the standpoint of building and growing a web community but also in painting.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 29
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support >> RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

EBSQ Artists GroupEBSQ Self Representing Artists - A division of EBSQ, LLC  Privacy Policy  Contact EBSQ
© 2000-2005 EBSQ, LLC - All rights reserved - Original artists retain All rights

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode