PM's (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support

Guest -> PM's (9/9/2007 9:02:08 PM)

Hello.  Twice today I tried to reply to PM's.  Neither time I had posted any messages first.  this last time I had just logged on to the forums.  I attempt to answer a Pm and I get the message "you can't reply to two consecutive messages in some period of time" message.   I have no way of knowing if my messages are going through either.  Help, Stephanie

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (9/9/2007 9:07:05 PM)

[Deleted by Admins]

gillie -> RE: PM's (9/9/2007 9:14:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BeadedHeron

Hello.  Twice today I tried to reply to PM's.  Neither time I had posted any messages first.  this last time I had just logged on to the forums.  I attempt to answer a Pm and I get the message "you can't reply to two consecutive messages in some period of time" message.   I have no way of knowing if my messages are going through either.  Help, Stephanie

We have no way of knowing, either. This is a third party piece of software so we're still learning about some of its quirks. Are the messages cached in your EBSQ forum outbox? Also, do you send with read receipts? My best suggestion would simply be to ask the parties to which you sent them if they received them if they are indeed showing up in your outbox but you don't tend to send request read receipts.

Sorry we couldn't be of more help on this one!

Guest -> RE: PM's (9/9/2007 9:15:32 PM)

I pm'd you Steph...did you get it?

I often have pm's but no notification...so I don't always know if someone pm'd me...I try to check my inbox every day just to make sure. [sm=undecided.gif]

Guest -> RE: PM's (9/9/2007 9:15:31 PM)

Thanks.    I do not find an outbox after lookig high and low.

Olga I did get one from you and tried to reply.  I think that was the first tiem ti happend.    And the other message was to Kris.  Oh well..not like the end of the world, lol. 

S

Guest -> RE: PM's (9/9/2007 9:23:09 PM)

apparrantly I am unable to send PM's.  Olga I just tried again, and one to Kris earlier. 

[:(]

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (9/9/2007 9:25:56 PM)

[Deleted by Admins]

Guest -> RE: PM's (9/9/2007 9:28:38 PM)

I got a "read" message too so at least I know you got mine! [&:]

Guest -> RE: PM's (9/9/2007 9:30:36 PM)

maybe my box was too full when you tried to answer...it doesn't say it's full but....[8D]

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (9/9/2007 9:33:59 PM)

[Deleted by Admins]

Guest -> RE: PM's (9/10/2007 7:27:58 AM)

I don't know but I just got the message about sending two consecutive messages in a short time every time I treid to send a PM to anyone.  

gillie -> RE: PM's (9/10/2007 7:30:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BeadedHeron

I don't know but I just got the message about sending two consecutive messages in a short time every time I treid to send a PM to anyone.  

Let me dig a little deeper, then, and see what I can find out.

gillie -> RE: PM's (9/10/2007 7:36:09 AM)

ok, i took a look at the logs for your pm folder. according to the logs, you didn't get out any pm's yesterday. and when we sent a test pm from your account today, we couldn't replicate the problem (ie, it worked just fine) so it sounds like the problem is on your end. have you changed anything recently that might be causing a problem? a new signature file? firewall stuff on your personal computer? anything at all you can think of?

Guest -> RE: PM's (9/10/2007 11:29:25 AM)

I think I just successfully sent a test pm.  It didn't give me that message this time!

Thanks Aimee, I don't have a clue as to why that was happening!  oh well...is all better now!

Guest -> RE: PM's (9/10/2007 5:47:48 PM)

Ok, it just happened again at 4:45pm CDT as I was trying to reply to a PM as soon as I logged into the site.  I had typed no messages in hours to anywhere, but got the two consecutive messages message.  

Guest -> RE: PM's (9/10/2007 10:12:13 PM)

I was able to send a Pm right now it seems.  How strange.  Ok well at least I know that when I see that message the PM did not go through!

Page: [1]

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode