Art Community Forum | EBSQ Self-Representing Artis Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Newbie here...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support >> Newbie here... Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie here... - 3/6/2008 9:48:26 AM   
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site. I have been doing artwork since I was a small child and everyone tells me I should sell my art. But I have always been very shy about showing my work. I've been in several shows many years ago but most of the work that I have done over the past 15 years has for myself and is more therapuetic than anything else.
Recently, I have been toying with the idea of selling prints of my drawings. I had prints made of one of my drawings as a holiday gift for family and I have decided that maybe I should try selling prints of my workto supplement my student income ($0 as I have recently returned to college to get my MBA).
A friend (actually, the guy who owns the local coffee shop) mentioned that I should check this site out and so I did. I decided to join in hopes that maybe this place will help me find my way and keep me focused on being able to share my artwork with others.
Anyway, that is a little bit about why I am here. I look forward to learning more about the artists behind all the beautiful works of art on this site.
  Post #: 1
RE: Newbie here... - 3/6/2008 9:54:01 AM   
gillie

Hi and welcome! I think a lot of artists suffer from shyness about showing their work even though they also really want their work to be seen and "accepted." It's an interesting dilemma! One of the best ways I've found to get past that is to take a deep breath, a leap of faith, and simply put it out there.

Nice to meet you!

-Amie

Amie Gillingham
co-founder, EBSQ
web: http://www.ebsqart.com
blog: http://blog.ebsqart.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ebsq
Get out of the vacuum and express yourself!

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: Newbie here... - 3/6/2008 10:16:25 AM   
labeana

welcome! and yes, I think all of us were or still are shy to an extent when we first started...but this community makes it so easy to feel good about yourself and your work....it's a great place to be!

MY BLOG

(in reply to gillie)
Post #: 3
[Deleted] - 3/6/2008 10:25:25 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to labeana)
  Post #: 4
RE: Newbie here... - 3/6/2008 10:46:37 AM   
toucanne

Welcome!

Music is the space between the notes.
~Claude Debussy

My Flickr

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 5
[Deleted] - 3/6/2008 11:01:57 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to toucanne)
  Post #: 6
RE: Newbie here... - 3/6/2008 1:39:09 PM   
Welcome!!  :)  This is really a great group of people, and I think the friendliness helps with the shyness about showing our artwork.  Hope you find some good support here!

(in reply to Deleted User)
  Post #: 7
RE: Newbie here... - 3/6/2008 2:01:30 PM   
Harlan

Welcome to the forums and to EBSQ!!! This is a WONDERFUL community!!! :) :)

Hope we will be seeing a lot of you on the forums!! :)

You're unique! Just like everyone else. ;)
CraftArtEdu
Flickr

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 8
RE: Newbie here... - 3/6/2008 2:25:15 PM   
GreenBiscuit

Welcome!  If you make the plunge from the free Patron account, to the inexpensive but paid artist's account, you get a GINORMOUS amount of benefits with it, especially the invaluable info on the forums.  EBSQ was absolutely a turning point in my life!

My Live Journal

Motivate - To provide with an incentive; move to action; impel.

(in reply to Harlan)
Post #: 9
RE: Newbie here... - 3/6/2008 2:25:37 PM   
lamillerphotography

Hello, hello....just like Amie said, take a deep breath and jump. I'd love to see your work.

LisaM

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-Dr. Suess

(in reply to Harlan)
Post #: 10
RE: Newbie here... - 3/6/2008 2:44:48 PM   
Welcome!!!  I look forward to seeing your work!!  This community is supportive, friendly and was one of the best decisions I have made!!

(in reply to lamillerphotography)
  Post #: 11
RE: Newbie here... - 3/6/2008 2:53:29 PM   
glistenglass

By all means get the paid account ... the prices are extremely good for all the goodies you get! The main thing is you will have an online portfolio for all your work, templates for various uses, and areas of the forum that are not available to patrons ... a lot of us hang out there. I'm really looking forward to seeing your work! Welcome and don't worry about being shy; I think most of us started out that way.

Darlene Ruda Dunat

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 12
RE: Newbie here... - 3/6/2008 3:03:05 PM   
platypus

Hi & welcome!

You picked a good group to start with, especially if you're nervous about showing your work. Everyone here is very supportive. I felt the same way about showing my work to others but gradually got over it. I've still never had the nerve to take my work to a gallery & have only been in two shows (one of which they contacted me), so you're ahead of me there! I'd think it would be much harder to take that first step in person.

Anyway, I agree that you should get the paid membership, there's lots more available to you!

Vicky

(in reply to glistenglass)
Post #: 13
RE: Newbie here... - 3/6/2008 5:22:48 PM   
Hi Bookoshadows and welcome to our group.  I think you would enjoy it here when you have access to the paid membership.... we have a wonderful caring critique section for when an artist wants some help, workshops, a chat section etc.  I love it here.

Blessings, Heather

(in reply to platypus)
  Post #: 14
RE: Newbie here... - 3/6/2008 9:45:13 PM   
bromley2

Welcome!  This is a wonderful place to jump in and get your feet wet.  Everyone is supportive and friendly.  Good to have you here!  Can't wait to see your work!!

Carolyn

http://www.moondancedesign.com
EBAY
My Bonanzle Booth

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 15
RE: Newbie here... - 3/6/2008 10:22:54 PM   
welcome aboard!! 

(in reply to bromley2)
  Post #: 16
RE: Newbie here... - 3/7/2008 7:04:10 AM   
bafiedel

Hellooooooooooo!  Join the party and hang around with us here! 

Beth

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 17
RE: Newbie here... - 3/7/2008 5:34:40 PM   
dawnt

Welcome! I'm sure each of us was shy about showing our work at first. Should you decide to join as a paid member, you can dip a toe in the waters "down below" in the private section of the forums. It is a great way to start getting feedback. You're among friends and it is truly a safe and nurturing environment.

Hope to see you around!

Best,
Dawn

Change occurs when the pain of remaining the same outweighs the fear of the pain of change.

(in reply to bafiedel)
Post #: 18
RE: Newbie here... - 3/9/2008 9:10:35 AM   
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

~ Nini

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 19
RE: Newbie here... - 3/9/2008 9:37:14 AM   
dawnt

Hey Nini! You took the plunge! Good for you!

"Robin's Rainbow" is a wonderful whimsical piece! I look forward to seeing more from you.

Change occurs when the pain of remaining the same outweighs the fear of the pain of change.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support >> Newbie here... Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

EBSQ Artists GroupEBSQ Self Representing Artists - A division of EBSQ, LLC  Privacy Policy  Contact EBSQ
© 2000-2005 EBSQ, LLC - All rights reserved - Original artists retain All rights

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode