Art Community Forum | EBSQ Self-Representing Artis Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Hi I'm new..

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support >> Hi I'm new.. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hi I'm new.. - 5/5/2006 3:37:16 AM   
I just signed up here the other day and have been surfing like crazy and trying to figure out how everything works.   I just uploaded some of my paintings and wrote a description about my art.   I'd love any comments or suggestions anyone has.   I love the broad range of artists here.   I hope to start selling some of my work on Ebay soon..   Would love any help, suggestions... or to just look at my art and tell me what you think?   It is definitely hard to get the courage to put all your work out there for others to see..  pretty intimidating.

Thanks... and I think I'll enjoy it here..

Heather
  Post #: 1
RE: Hi I'm new.. - 5/5/2006 6:17:40 AM   
bafiedel

Hi Heather and welcome.  You're right, it is intimidating to present your work to the public for the first time.  I just started not too long ago myself, so I know how you feel.  Just try to remember that some people will like what you do and some won't.  People's taste in art is personal and diverse.  Be secure in the fact that you love what you do, and that will show through in your work.  I checked your portfolio and I especially like "Ode to Polish Pottery" and "Butterfly".  I love the colors and patterns in those. Do you have more along that line?  The portraits of your children are sweet too.  "A New Day" captures the feeling of waking up to see what the day will bring.

You'll find lots of support here.  The artists on these forums are very friendly, funny, and always willing to give constructive advise if you ask for it. Check out the "Critiques" and "Pimpin'' forums for discussions about work, and "Coffee Talk" and "The Vent" for discussions on a wide variety of topics.  Looking forward to "seeing" you on the boards.  Good luck!

Beth

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: Hi I'm new.. - 5/5/2006 6:52:19 AM   
Elizabeth!

Thanks so much for looking and taking the time to give me your input.   I haven't done any more like the pottery painting or the butterfly..   I actually have that butterfly one up for an online art competition .. Hope I win!  I think I may need to do more of my pottery still lifes though...  I have an OBSCENE amount of Polish pottery here!   I've been to Poland 6 times on pottery shopping sprees..  My husband would be so happy if I sold a painting of it.. to support my bad shopping habit!..  I'm working on a painting now that I found of a dusk scene with a lighted walkway and some buildings (my first buildings painting)..  I found the reference photo from one of those royalty free picture websites..  Loved the picture and thought it would make a cool painting.. but since I'm not used to the tiny details in paintings.. this one is really hard but I think it will come out cool in the end..  I'm jazzed about this site and excited to post it when done... and my husband is happy I found this forum for help with the EBay stuff.. b/c he's telling me to sell everything.. but I do think I draw the line on that when we are talking about paintings of our kids!!!

Anyway.. thanks..  there is so much stuff to look at in this forum that I haven't painted all morning!   Really need to get my painting done.. b/c I'm already wondering what painting I'll start after this one!

sorry for the rambling..

Heather

(in reply to bafiedel)
  Post #: 3
[Deleted] - 5/5/2006 7:26:36 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 4
RE: Hi I'm new.. - 5/5/2006 7:32:27 AM   
bromley2

Welcome!  I think I am most fond of your sunset picture, the one your using as an avatar....very wonderful colors.  I also love your Polish Pottery and of course your children!  Nice work, keep posting here for lots of support.

Carolyn

http://www.moondancedesign.com
EBAY
My Bonanzle Booth

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 5
RE: Hi I'm new.. - 5/5/2006 8:53:15 AM   
GreenBiscuit

Hi Heather, Welcome!  I loved the Polish pottery piece as well, and the abstract sunset (it reminded me of Jamaica!).  Of course, with two little ones myself, the portaits of your kids hit a sweet note as well.  I do hope you pursue more of the pottery still lifes.

Why don't you post the piece you are working on in Critiques?  It is an incredibly helpful process.  Do you sketch on your canvas before you paint?  I never did, but I saw several artists here whose work I really respect, do that.  So, I tried it with my current WIP and I am thrilled with the result!  Can't wait to finish it and show it it here!  Looking forward to seeing you on the board!

My Live Journal

Motivate - To provide with an incentive; move to action; impel.

(in reply to bromley2)
Post #: 6
[Deleted] - 5/5/2006 11:14:36 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to GreenBiscuit)
  Post #: 7
RE: Hi I'm new.. - 5/5/2006 1:45:55 PM   
Oh my gosh!!!   I'm so excited about all the feedback..  Yes..  I definitely am going to do a Polish pottery still life again..   I should post a picture of my obscene.. yes I said it again.. collection of it..  I'm pathetic..  For any of you that are familiar with the Polish pottery..  I live in Germany and make frequent trips there.. the Poland borders are filled with buses of mainly American women coming to buy their pottery.. its insane!!!  OK.. that's off subject..  so I'll go back to the paintings..

Yes..  I used to not sketch before I painted.. but have just recently started sketching before I paint..  I sketched all the portraits.. but none of the other stuff..    This painting I'm working on now..  definitely sketched before hand... Its a really hard one.. but I wanted to challenge myself.. and I feel these forums.. make me challenge myself..  they are so fun!   I'm working on this building painting now..   I think I may post my WIP later (tonight for me)..   I'm lovin the look of this painting I'm working on.. but not used to doing all these little details.. which are hard for me.. b/c I like the big loose brush strokes..  maybe being a lefty.. its harder.. who knows???

Thanks..  I love this forum!  I love the different variety here.. its great!!! 

Heather

Post #: 8
RE: Hi I'm new.. - 5/5/2006 3:42:04 PM   
Ok..  I took your advice.. and posted my WIP..  check it out in the critiques forum..   would love any comments..  Its hard for me to post a WIP...  usuallly I post when I think they are done.. and I know this has more work to do.. but its a new kind of challenge for me..

Thanx.. everybody..   Love this site..

Its bedtime here..  I'll check back in the morning..  and hopefully work on my painting instead of surfing so much.!!

heather

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 9
RE: Hi I'm new.. - 5/6/2006 9:10:43 AM   
I added a few more to my portfolio..     Comments ALWAYS appreciated..

thanx,
heather

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 10
[Deleted] - 5/9/2006 9:47:50 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 11
[Deleted] - 5/9/2006 12:08:39 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

Post #: 12
RE: Hi I'm new.. - 5/9/2006 12:34:26 PM   
Thanks Dawn for taking a look at my portfolio..  I just love any and all input since I'm fairly new and I'm trying to get my confidence up..   I hope to keep improving.   Btw..  should be done with my new polish still life in the next day or so..  I think it is progressing nicely..

heather

Post #: 13
RE: Hi I'm new.. - 5/9/2006 1:26:51 PM   
Hi Heather...and welcome! I love your work...especially your Tuscany painting...makes me want to be there! 

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 14
[Deleted] - 5/11/2006 12:06:50 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support >> Hi I'm new.. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

EBSQ Artists GroupEBSQ Self Representing Artists - A division of EBSQ, LLC  Privacy Policy  Contact EBSQ
© 2000-2005 EBSQ, LLC - All rights reserved - Original artists retain All rights

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode