Art Community Forum | EBSQ Self-Representing Artis Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Hi I'm a new member

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support >> Hi I'm a new member Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hi I'm a new member - 1/26/2007 1:37:55 AM   
Hello, I just joined EBSQ yesterday. I make oil painting and charcoal drawings mainly...large and small. For now I think I'll just cut to the case so I can get started with setting up. I am very confused as to how to start using the site. I'm looking desperately for a link somewhere that tells you how to get started, but I can't find one. I don't know where to start so I thought I'd start with making a Cert. of Authenticity. Well the instructions say to access your art case...the thing is, I don't have one. I looked on the left hand menu of the profile...but it's not there. ...Um...what now? Also, there's no instructions on how to upload pictures into the portfolio. I don't get the whole thing. I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I'm getting off to a bad start....Thanks, Bob
  Post #: 1
RE: Hi I'm a new member - 1/26/2007 1:50:50 AM   
ok.. on the home page of EBSQ.. you will see..  your name at the top (saying your are logged in.. ) then you will see under neath that profile..  click on profile..

once you've done that.. you should see a lot of choices.. and you should see..  Image Tools.. under that is the link to click on Art Case/ Portfolio..  click on that.. and you should be good to go..

hope that helps some..

keep on asking.. you will get help!!!

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 2
RE: Hi I'm a new member - 1/26/2007 1:59:37 AM   
Hello Heather, Thank you for answering so quickly. I actually thought it would take at least until tomorrow to get a reply. I did what you said and it worked. Thank you! Well you said to keep asking so I ran across another problem. I can't change my password. EBSQ gave me one that is sooooooooooooooooooo loooooooooooooooong. I tried to change it to a little simpler one but it won't accept anything I put in there and there is nothing telling me what I'm doing wrong so I quit doing that for now. I'm usually pretty good with computers and figuring these things out but this site has got me baffled. Also, the EBSQ logo isn't showing up on my newly listed auctions (on eBay)...ones that I listed a few minutes ago. I already got my go-ahead with everything from EBSQ, so I'm lost again. Do I have to enter the HTML code for the logo manually into every auction?...Thanks again, Bob

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 3
RE: Hi I'm a new member - 1/26/2007 2:18:30 AM   
Did you try making making an auction template??  Once you upload to your portfolio.. you want to create a template (should be an option when editing in your art case).. once you preview the template.. it will then  give you an html code that you will copy and paste to your Ebay auction in the description..

I'm in Germany and awake.. so keep asking.. b/c I'm up for the day!

on the pasword.. I don't know.. but just in case. try logging out and logging back in with the new password you created.. that really sounds familiar to me from when I joined.. I didn't think I changed my password..when in fact I had..   just log out.. and log back in and see which password works..

good luck!! and ask away!

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 4
RE: Hi I'm a new member - 1/26/2007 2:46:43 AM   
Hi again Heather, Thank you very much for your help! I have a roomate that goes to Germany often. She's a flight attendant. She was just there about a week ago. She said it was very cold and there was a hurricane their. How wierd!
Anyway I'll make the template you mentioned. Then the rest. I'll let you know when I'm done with that and copying the code into eBay. It's late here in Las Vegas so I don't know if I'll finish it tonight. If not, I'll let you know tomorrow night if your in here. Oh yeah, I'll try logging in again with the password. That's a good idea. Thanks again for your help and I'll let you know....Bob

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 5
RE: Hi I'm a new member - 1/26/2007 2:54:04 AM   
Good luck!!..  Yep.. I even posted in the forums about Germany having a "hurricane"..  I'm in the Stuttgart area..  last week it was warm with hurricane type winds.. and this week we have about 10 inches of snow!.. Crazy!..

Anyway.. good luck and I'm on a lot.. but come daytime.. when everyone in the U.S. is up..  there will be lots of people to help you.. Very nice bunch of people here..

welcome to EBSQ!!!  I really like it here.. and so many people have helped me greatly with my art.. I feel like I'm always learning.. as I'm pretty much a newbie at it!

take care,
heather

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 6
RE: Hi I'm a new member - 1/26/2007 7:28:55 AM   
Bob,,,,,OMG,,,,I have been there,,,except panicky. On the forums if you scroll through that menu on the main page you will find tech support,,,,read through some of those and you may find answers to some of the difficulties you are having,,,,half of them will be me pleading for help with different problems. Some of the info will head off questions you haven't even asked yet.

Once you get rolling here it is very easy. It seems like Heather got you started so once you have your stuff all set up come back to the boards and and chat with us,,,,pimp some work or create a work in progress thread. Read a few of the old threads in coffee talk and you will feel like you know everyone pretty well. I hope you enjoy the site

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 7
RE: Hi I'm a new member - 1/26/2007 7:45:04 AM   
bromley2

Morning, Bob.  Looks like Heather has you going just fine.  I joined a long time ago and don't remember anything helpful.  I hope that your doing ok now. 

Be sure to visit us here at the forum.......And, like Heide said, post some of your work for all of us to see!!  We love to share!

Welcome!

Carolyn

http://www.moondancedesign.com
EBAY
My Bonanzle Booth

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 8
RE: Hi I'm a new member - 1/26/2007 7:53:49 AM   
lamillerphotography

Hi Bob, welcome. Have fun. Ask questions. Enjoy

LisaM

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-Dr. Suess

(in reply to bromley2)
Post #: 9
[Deleted] - 1/26/2007 9:45:54 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to lamillerphotography)
  Post #: 10
RE: Hi I'm a new member - 1/26/2007 7:42:34 PM   
bafiedel

Welcome Bob!  Would have said hi sooner, but some of us have jobby-jobs that keep us away from the real world here at EBSQ!

Don't be a stranger...I'm looking forward to seeing more of your portfolio. 

Beth

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 11
RE: Hi I'm a new member - 1/26/2007 7:58:44 PM   
Hi Bob...welcome aboard! 

(in reply to bafiedel)
  Post #: 12
[Deleted] - 1/26/2007 8:06:51 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 13
RE: Hi I'm a new member - 1/27/2007 12:58:42 AM   
I have to say, in all the forums I've been on in the last 5 years of having a computer, this is the warmest welcome I've ever had. I can't believe the amount of replies. Thank you all!!! I'm in the process of making an auction template at the moment. As soon as I get the chance I will add to my portfolio. Thanks again for the warm welcome and I'll be talking to you all soon. BTW, I think I'm getting a pretty good handle on the stuff now. I'll be back with questions though.

(in reply to Deleted User)
  Post #: 14
RE: Hi I'm a new member - 4/12/2007 8:38:19 AM   
Hi Bob! I am new too. You look like you really have it going on already! I like the way you have intergrated the picture on your profile page. Very professional looking. Your paintings are attractive to me as well. I will have to look at them in greater detail a little later.
I think you will like it here. I already do.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support >> Hi I'm a new member Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

EBSQ Artists GroupEBSQ Self Representing Artists - A division of EBSQ, LLC  Privacy Policy  Contact EBSQ
© 2000-2005 EBSQ, LLC - All rights reserved - Original artists retain All rights

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode