Art Community Forum | EBSQ Self-Representing Artis Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Hello from new EBSQ advisor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support >> Hello from new EBSQ advisor Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/11/2007 10:35:12 AM   
Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself to you. Amie Gillingham asked me to help out with EBSQ as an advisor. My background is in web technology and social media, but I'm an amateur artist as well. I've been painting for a little over a year, teaching myself acrylics. I have not yet produced anything I'm willing to post here though!

A little bit about me: I have a professional background in software and web development but now work independently as a freelance writer and independent consultant. I blog for Web Worker Daily and GigaOM as well as on my own personal site. I have a book coming out in January of 2008 that is a companion to the Web Worker Daily site. It's called Connect! Web Worker Daily's Guide to a New Way of Working, and it's all about how the web revolutionizes work by bringing us into connection with so many people and ideas around the world.

I'm just getting oriented to everything that EBSQ does and how it serves you as self-representing artists. I am really looking forward to getting involved in the community and helping it move forward.

If you have a moment, I'd love if you could share with me what it is about EBSQ that works best for you. I want to kick off my work by really understanding the benefit that EBSQ offers to its community members. There will be plenty of time later for critiques, of course! But I'd like to start off by understanding what EBSQ is doing right.

- Anne
  Post #: 1
RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/11/2007 11:30:54 AM   
Hi there, I am not sure what you are wanting to know,,,what is working right or why we like it here?

There is too much to mention of all the things that are right with ebsq,,functioning well, serving me well. It would be easier to say what I wished for,,,it is a much shorter list. Amy has been very sensitive to our wishes and needs,,,as long as I have been here anyway and l love the new public forum sections and just almost everything is running well in my opinion,,,very happy with ebsq services.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 2
RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/11/2007 11:35:11 AM   
I mean more generically why you like it here and why you use it rather than what technically functions right. That is great to hear that there is so much to mention that is going right... if you want to share your wishes for EBSQ here too, that'd be great!

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 3
[Deleted] - 10/11/2007 11:43:11 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 4
RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/11/2007 1:25:55 PM   
Hi krisjean, nice to meet you too!

Thanks for the feedback. That's really helpful. Looking forward to hearing lots more and to digging into all this.

(in reply to Deleted User)
  Post #: 5
[Deleted] - 10/11/2007 1:34:02 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

Post #: 6
RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/11/2007 2:24:43 PM   
labeana

I like having a presence on the web with the portfolio, ....I used to enjoy doing the shows but not as much since there are no prizes anymore...

I have always wished we had  better chat rooms....they are too small, too hard to find and you never know if anyone is in there until you actually are there....way behind the times as far as chat rooms go...

I too wish we could sell from here....but it is nice having some interaction with Etsy and Imagekind on the forums

I enjoy the live presentations and the archives....

I absolutely love the forums....my day isn't complete unless I've checked them out several times....they are wonderful sources for information, a way to share the information that you have with others...and my social life is totally there...it's great, one of the best features....

MY BLOG

Post #: 7
[Deleted] - 10/11/2007 2:55:57 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to labeana)
  Post #: 8
RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/11/2007 3:07:31 PM   
EBSQ for me has been very social.. I have learned so much here from all the wonderful artists here that have helped me along as I'm also a newbie to painting.  I love the critique section for help and works in progress.  I love that more forums have been made public and I'm having a good time with my public section in still life's and doing a challenge ..  I'm offering a prize for my challenge.. but I'm doing that personally.. as still life's are my passion.. and I feel like the people here at EBSQ are my family.   My day isn't complete unless I check in here once a day and as you see when a regular poster goes MIA.. we notice!!!.. but I guess all above is obvious when you see my number of posts here!

I do love the shows.. but wasn't a member when prizes were offered.. but I think even a small prize would be extra incentive and shows would get more entries..

heather

Post #: 9
RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/11/2007 3:09:46 PM   
bromley2

Hi Welcome.....By far the best feature for me is the forums.  There is a wonderful group of people here and my day is not complete without a trip around the boards.  I Stop in several times a day.  The forums and the people on them have a way of inspiring me and I need that help.  I also like it for the social support.

I came to EBSQ to create a portfolio.  It was that feature that attracted me most.  I love my portfolio and find it helpful for showing people my work.  EBSQ has one of the nicest portfolios.

I, too, would like to see sales as a possibility, but realize that may take a while.  I can wait. 

Carolyn

http://www.moondancedesign.com
EBAY
My Bonanzle Booth

Post #: 10
[Deleted] - 10/11/2007 3:10:40 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 11
RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/11/2007 5:12:04 PM   
bafiedel

Hi Annez!  Welcome to EBSQ!  I joined almost 2 years ago because I really liked the look of the profiles & portfolios.  I don't have my own website so I use my profile as a home base, so to speak. 

But what keeps me here, as others have mentioned, is the network of exceptionally supportive people here. 

Beth

Post #: 12
RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/11/2007 5:52:14 PM   
Wow, thanks for all the insight everyone, and nice to meet you all. More food for thought and exploration.

I hear some saying that being able to make your art visible and promote it through a portfolio brought you here and the social support and community keeps you coming back.

I can see how having the ability to sell your art here would be useful. Also, it's good to think about how to build traffic to EBSQ portfolios and from there to any individual sites you have... community and content are of utmost importance, but of course traffic keeps everything flowing and building.

What kind of prizes were offered in the past? Monetary? Sorry for my ignorance, I'm starting from zero!

- Anne

(in reply to bafiedel)
  Post #: 13
[Deleted] - 10/11/2007 6:30:48 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 14
RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/11/2007 6:42:37 PM   
Welcome to EBSQ Anne!  Good to have you joining us.  I love the support of fellow artists, how much I have learned from them, my portfolio looks great plus has links to my other internet sites.  My social life is here because I am mostly homebound, I am usually on and off every day.  The artists I regularly communicate with I think of as my extended family.  Love the workshops, critique section, WIP's, learn so much seeing what others do. 

I also would like to be able to sell from EBSQ, but like others have said, I can wait until it is feasible.  I think it could generate more money for EBSQ coffers if they charged a listing fee or commission of sales in a section specifically for selling.  I like my portfolio as is, leaving my sold work there as example of what I do, and some I put there are not for sale but finished commissions.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 15
RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/11/2007 6:58:05 PM   
I first joined for ebay, but now I'm here to steal everyone's marketing ideas for myself, lol!  It's great to pick everyone's head for ideas, both business wise and technique wise.  Also the shows are good sources for ideas and having art of the day for my homepage keeps my mind always working.  Traffic is nice, had a few sales because of it.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 16
RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/11/2007 7:37:41 PM   
toucanne

quote:

I really liked the look of the profiles & portfolios. I don't have my own website so I use my profile as a home base, so to speak.
But what keeps me here, as others have mentioned, is the network of exceptionally supportive people here.

That's pretty much it for me too. Welcome, Anne, nice to have you here.

Music is the space between the notes.
~Claude Debussy

My Flickr

(in reply to bafiedel)
Post #: 17
[Deleted] - 10/12/2007 12:22:02 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 18
RE: Hello from new EBSQ advisor - 10/12/2007 12:41:08 AM   
Hi Anne,
Welcome. I enjoy the wealth of information that EBSQ has for artists, the forums, the shows, the Live teaching courses.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 19
[Deleted] - 10/12/2007 10:45:30 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support >> Hello from new EBSQ advisor Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

EBSQ Artists GroupEBSQ Self Representing Artists - A division of EBSQ, LLC  Privacy Policy  Contact EBSQ
© 2000-2005 EBSQ, LLC - All rights reserved - Original artists retain All rights

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode