Art Community Forum | EBSQ Self-Representing Artis Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Greetings!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support >> Greetings! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Greetings! - 5/8/2008 11:19:48 AM   
Hello!

New here the past month.  Just looking around at some fine art. 

So far have uploaded some 40+ of my own.

Kind of hard to find my way around, but that's OK because I look forward to the challenge.

All the best,

Robert Tracy
  Post #: 1
RE: Greetings! - 5/8/2008 11:23:59 AM   
gillie

Great to see you in the forums today (and on the front page of the site for today's outstanding Art of the Day!)

If you have any questions about where to find things, etc, just let us know!

Huge cheers,

Amie Gillingham
co-founder, EBSQ
web: http://www.ebsqart.com
blog: http://blog.ebsqart.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ebsq
Get out of the vacuum and express yourself!

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: Greetings! - 5/8/2008 11:28:48 AM   
GreenBiscuit

Hi Robert!  So happy to have another new (to EBSQ) artist here! Congrats on the AOTD!  Come down to Coffee Talk and pop your head in. 

My Live Journal

Motivate - To provide with an incentive; move to action; impel.

(in reply to gillie)
Post #: 3
RE: Greetings! - 5/8/2008 11:43:43 AM   
toucanne

Hi Robert, welcome!
Glad you're joining us on the forums.
Your work is wonderful. My favorites are your wife's portrait with the door chain and "Two girls".
Congratulations on Art of the Day; you're off to a great start.

Music is the space between the notes.
~Claude Debussy

My Flickr

(in reply to GreenBiscuit)
Post #: 4
[Deleted] - 5/8/2008 11:57:08 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to toucanne)
  Post #: 5
RE: Greetings! - 5/8/2008 12:00:25 PM   
Thank you Gillie.

I've got lots of questions, so will take you up on your kind suggestion on where to find things, etc.

Again, thank you for the welcome.

Best wishes,

Robert

(in reply to gillie)
  Post #: 6
RE: Greetings! - 5/8/2008 12:03:39 PM   
GreenBiscuit,

Thank you for the warm welcome.  And the not on my AOTD.  On the latter, I have no idea how that happened.

I accept your invitation to the Coffee Talk, but I'm very slow at chats, and will probably not be able to say much.  But will give it a try.

Thanks again,

Robert

(in reply to GreenBiscuit)
  Post #: 7
RE: Greetings! - 5/8/2008 12:05:46 PM   
Dear Toucanne,

Thank you for the welcome.  And for your compliments and congrats.

Will get to know you all better I hope.

Robert

(in reply to toucanne)
  Post #: 8
RE: Greetings! - 5/8/2008 12:06:35 PM   
lamillerphotography

Hi Robert, coffee talk is not a live chat...so take your time...enjoy.

Welcome, welcome, welcome

LisaM

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-Dr. Suess

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 9
RE: Greetings! - 5/8/2008 12:07:26 PM   
Dear Vfem,

Thank you.

And you all do seem so friendly. 

Still, bear with me as I find my way.

Thanks again,

Robert

(in reply to Deleted User)
  Post #: 10
RE: Greetings! - 5/8/2008 12:09:14 PM   
Dear Lamiller63,

Thank you for the encouragement and the welcome. 

I'll get over to Coffe Talk ASAP.

Best,

Robert

(in reply to lamillerphotography)
  Post #: 11
RE: Greetings! - 5/8/2008 12:39:24 PM   
gillie

quote:

ORIGINAL: robertracy

Thank you for the warm welcome.  And the note on my AOTD.  On the latter, I have no idea how that happened.

I can tell you exactly how you ended up as this week's Art of the Day. When you joined, we were really inspired by your graphite work and actually crafted this week's theme around it. Gorgeous stuff!

Amie Gillingham
co-founder, EBSQ
web: http://www.ebsqart.com
blog: http://blog.ebsqart.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ebsq
Get out of the vacuum and express yourself!

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 12
RE: Greetings! - 5/8/2008 1:46:53 PM   
What an honor!  Again I say I had no idea.  This inspires me to submit more of my pencil work.   But how can that be done?  As I understand it one is allowed only 9 or so in a particular catagory.  And I'm so disorganized that I don't see a way to do it as I think I've already submitted the maximum allowed.  These are in my personal collection but I have some that have been sold that are worth seeing, including one fine silverpoint that I expect would come under the catagory of drawings.

And thank you.

< Message edited by robertracy -- 5/8/2008 2:01:35 PM >

(in reply to gillie)
  Post #: 13
RE: Greetings! - 5/8/2008 3:52:08 PM   
And you know what?  That drawing of "Same Girl" was purchased as a print by my Veterans Administration psychiatrist and framed to put in the room of his private practice.  He told me that one of his patients stopped on her way out and said "Dr. Nelson.  That's me!"  I don't know, but I'm guessing she saw her two personalities in that drawing.

By the way, I do have a total and permanent disability since 1992 for Comabt Post Traumatic Stess Disorder.  Has it stopped me in any way from doing my work?  No.  And I don't even believe it to this day that I was damaged in the head by my experiences in Vietnam.

Be that as it may, the drawing is really just a theme on what I wrote about it.  The comfort of staying inside and the urge to go out into the world.  The latter wins out in the end.  And I think it's a natural feminine vurtue for curiosity to win out.

(in reply to gillie)
  Post #: 14
[Deleted] - 5/9/2008 9:55:45 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 15
[Deleted] - 5/9/2008 9:59:43 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

Post #: 16
RE: cosmos contest - 5/9/2008 10:02:06 AM   
lamillerphotography

Hi Sharon...what a nice piece that was. Incredible. Welcome to the forums...don't be a stranger. We have lots of fun here (sometimes we even get somethings accomplished)

LisaM

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-Dr. Suess

Post #: 17
RE: Greetings! - 5/9/2008 11:40:59 AM   
labeana

quote:

What an honor!  Again I say I had no idea.  This inspires me to submit more of my pencil work.   But how can that be done?  As I understand it one is allowed only 9 or so in a particular catagory.  And I'm so disorganized that I don't see a way to do it as I think I've already submitted the maximum allowed.  These are in my personal collection but I have some that have been sold that are worth seeing, including one fine silverpoint that I expect would come under the catagory of drawings.

And thank you.

Robert....are you talking about having a limit on the number of pieces you can have in each catagory or media in your portfolio? I never heard of that....I've got tons of stuff in mine...maybe you are thinking of the image hosting which is limited...in which case just get a free account on photobucket.com so you can put any image you want there, and copy the html and put it somewhere else....but downloading to your portfolio is simple, direct and as far as i've always known, limitless...am I wrong, Aime?

MY BLOG

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 18
RE: Greetings! - 5/9/2008 11:45:59 AM   
glistenglass

quote:

And you know what?  That drawing of "Same Girl" was purchased as a print by my Veterans Administration psychiatrist and framed to put in the room of his private practice.  He told me that one of his patients stopped on her way out and said "Dr. Nelson.  That's me!"  I don't know, but I'm guessing she saw her two personalities in that drawing.

By the way, I do have a total and permanent disability since 1992 for Comabt Post Traumatic Stess Disorder.  Has it stopped me in any way from doing my work?  No.  And I don't even believe it to this day that I was damaged in the head by my experiences in Vietnam.

Be that as it may, the drawing is really just a theme on what I wrote about it.  The comfort of staying inside and the urge to go out into the world.  The latter wins out in the end.  And I think it's a natural feminine vurtue for curiosity to win out.

Robert, you will find a number of us here who have PTSD for a variety of reasons. Also many of us have serious debilitating, disabling mental illnesses. I think you will find kindred spirits here. You mentioned the comfort of staying inside ... those here who know me well can tell you that I've been a literal hermit for many years. I'm just starting to come out of that. It's exhiliarating, scary, and wonderful all at the same time. I think there's a tendency to lose many of your social skills after you've been a hermit for a long time ... I find that I'm feeling like a 5-year old on the playground who doesn't yet know how to play nicely with others without committing a variety of social gaffes, lol. I haven't crashed and burned yet, but there have been definite instances of thick smoke ......

Darlene Ruda Dunat

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 19
RE: Greetings! - 5/9/2008 11:51:32 AM   
lamillerphotography

We love her anyway

LisaM

(in reply to glistenglass)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support >> Greetings! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

EBSQ Artists GroupEBSQ Self Representing Artists - A division of EBSQ, LLC  Privacy Policy  Contact EBSQ
© 2000-2005 EBSQ, LLC - All rights reserved - Original artists retain All rights

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode