Art Community Forum | EBSQ Self-Representing Artis Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Deleting old art from our portfolio?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support >> Deleting old art from our portfolio? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Deleting old art from our portfolio? - 3/2/2008 12:24:30 PM   
AnnieM

Hi - I wanted to freshen up my portfolio and delete a piece of old art, but when I tried to delete it, I got the message "Sorry but this piece is part of an on-line show. You can however delete it from your art case and the galleries." Then when I would go back to delete it, I would get the same message over and over, kind of like an endless loop.

Is there not a way we can delete old art out of our art cases if it was part of a show?

~~THANKS!~~
:)
Annie

Annie's Art
Annie's Live Journal Blog
Annie's Blog
Ann FB
Post #: 1
RE: Deleting old art from our portfolio? - 3/2/2008 12:34:59 PM   
I had trouble deleting a regular portfolio piece that had not been in a show and I ended up just editing in a new piece to that place to get rid of a red x from my portfolio page. I had not had trouble deleting out before but for some reason that one was stubborn and I just couldn't get rid of it

(in reply to AnnieM)
  Post #: 2
RE: Deleting old art from our portfolio? - 3/2/2008 12:38:28 PM   
gillie

quote:

ORIGINAL: AnnieM

Is there not a way we can delete old art out of our art cases if it was part of a show?

~~THANKS!~~
:)
Annie

That's correct. Show items are part of your permanent record since they're part of EBSQ's historical record, and therefore cannot be deleted.

Amie Gillingham
co-founder, EBSQ
web: http://www.ebsqart.com
blog: http://blog.ebsqart.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ebsq
Get out of the vacuum and express yourself!

(in reply to AnnieM)
Post #: 3
RE: Deleting old art from our portfolio? - 3/2/2008 1:02:29 PM   
That is why I decided not to enter the WIP show. I did not want that unfinished piece to be forever in my portfolio and no telling how long if ever I would have gotten to finishing it

(in reply to gillie)
  Post #: 4
RE: Deleting old art from our portfolio? - 3/2/2008 1:48:28 PM   
bafiedel

You may not be able to completely delete a show entry, however....you can remove it from your main portfolio by going into your Art Case and  changing the gallery to "none".  It will still be visible in your EBSQ Show tab, but not on your main portfolio pages.

< Message edited by bafiedel -- 3/2/2008 2:37:59 PM >

Beth

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 5
RE: Deleting old art from our portfolio? - 3/2/2008 2:03:15 PM   
oh duh, I had not tried that with mine and that is good to know for future reference. I have hesitated to enter shows that I thought I would not want the piece hanging out in my portfolio afterwards. Thanks for that info Beth.

(in reply to bafiedel)
  Post #: 6
RE: Deleting old art from our portfolio? - 3/2/2008 2:37:16 PM   
bafiedel

No problemo!

Beth

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 7
RE: Deleting old art from our portfolio? - 3/2/2008 7:05:45 PM   
Would there be a way to keep an item that is in your portfolio to delete it or actually save it to your account but not have it show in your portfolio that way if I delted it today and wanted to add it back next week or month, etc. I could?

(in reply to bafiedel)
  Post #: 8
RE: Deleting old art from our portfolio? - 3/2/2008 7:25:31 PM   
gillie

quote:

ORIGINAL: artapaloozaintl

Would there be a way to keep an item that is in your portfolio to delete it or actually save it to your account but not have it show in your portfolio that way if I delted it today and wanted to add it back next week or month, etc. I could?

I am not sure I followed what you were saying, so let me give you a really general answer that I hope answers your question. You can delete any item that a) is not in a show and b) for which you have not generated a COA in the past. Any items that you simply wish to "turn off" so the public can't see them can be done by selecting "none" for your default personal gallery. To turn them back on, simply re-add it to one of your personal galleries.

Also, making an item private in your galleries does not remove it from the EBSQ galleries or from people's favourites lists--you have to manually remove those from the list if you don't want private items to show up *anywhere* on the site. (the only way to remove an item from someone else's favourites is to completely delete it)

Amie Gillingham
co-founder, EBSQ
web: http://www.ebsqart.com
blog: http://blog.ebsqart.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ebsq
Get out of the vacuum and express yourself!

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 9
RE: Deleting old art from our portfolio? - 3/2/2008 7:40:41 PM   
AnnieM

OK, thanks everyone. I'll give it a try.

Annie

Annie's Art
Annie's Live Journal Blog
Annie's Blog
Ann FB

(in reply to gillie)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support >> Deleting old art from our portfolio? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

EBSQ Artists GroupEBSQ Self Representing Artists - A division of EBSQ, LLC  Privacy Policy  Contact EBSQ
© 2000-2005 EBSQ, LLC - All rights reserved - Original artists retain All rights

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode