Art Community Forum | EBSQ Self-Representing Artis Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Art Case Issue while trying to Enter into Show

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support >> Art Case Issue while trying to Enter into Show Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Art Case Issue while trying to Enter into Show - 4/15/2007 1:13:13 PM   
I am trying to enter a piece into the Wild Birds show but when I use the COMMANDS feature to do that I don't have the option to "enter into show".  Everything else is there: the "create thumbs/links option, manage COA's, create COA, etc.  Any idea why?  I opened up some other images and it shows up there, just not with this piece.  Is it an omen?  tee hee hee.

Any suggestions?  The piece I'm trying to submit is called Springtime - here's the link: http://www.ebsqart.com/Artists/cmd_2694_profile_portfolio__5_1_G.htm

Thanks!
  Post #: 1
RE: Art Case Issue while trying to Enter into Show - 4/15/2007 1:18:04 PM   
blumoo

Hey -

The reason that you do not have the option to enter "Springtime" into "Wild Birds" is because you entered it in "Springboard".  Pieces can only be entered into one show.  You are still omen free.

-Melissa

melissa morton
associate director, EBSQ

I believe that everyone else my age is an adult whereas I am merely in disguise. - Margaret Atwood

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: Art Case Issue while trying to Enter into Show - 4/15/2007 6:17:34 PM   
Ah, o.k. so here's the deal.  This piece is actually not the same piece that I entered in Springboard - at least, not anymore.  It's an entirely different piece of art.  I had titled it "Springtime in the City" when I first did it.  It was just an abstract piece done in acrylics - but I later realized it was only half finished. So just recently, I changed the background, and added the mixed-media. It was a piece of art that I was going to scrap, then decided to salvage it this way.  So is there anything I can do in this case?  I guess I liken it to the Beatles taking the "White Album" and later deciding to add artwork to it, only my background wasn't white.  It was just colored blobs of paint.  It's not the same painting.  I know people have told me that I shouldn't do that to art - that it's all part of the growing process.  But there were a few pieces that I couldn't bear to look at anymore and the result of that artistic frustration was to redo them.

< Message edited by shawnmariehardy -- 4/15/2007 6:19:22 PM >

(in reply to blumoo)
  Post #: 3
RE: Art Case Issue while trying to Enter into Show - 4/15/2007 6:52:12 PM   
rename it.  springtime in the city 2

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 4
RE: Art Case Issue while trying to Enter into Show - 4/15/2007 7:50:17 PM   
gillie

Here's the issue: modified jpeg or not, this item in the database was entered into another show. It's physically impossible to enter this same item in another show. That's just how the database works. If you have a copy of the original jpeg as entered into Springboard, I would suggest restoring that for historical purposes and re-load the new image as a separate entity and with a new name into the database.

Amie Gillingham
co-founder, EBSQ
web: http://www.ebsqart.com
blog: http://blog.ebsqart.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ebsq
Get out of the vacuum and express yourself!

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 5
RE: Art Case Issue while trying to Enter into Show - 4/15/2007 8:02:10 PM   
O.K. that answers my question.  Thanks so much Amie!  Good thing I remembered to back up a copy of that!
S

(in reply to gillie)
  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Tech Support >> Art Case Issue while trying to Enter into Show Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

EBSQ Artists GroupEBSQ Self Representing Artists - A division of EBSQ, LLC  Privacy Policy  Contact EBSQ
© 2000-2005 EBSQ, LLC - All rights reserved - Original artists retain All rights

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode