SALE! Start your year with EBSQ for just $6.50/month! Click here for details.

Misty Monster

Idaho USA

Shimmer, Our Prairie Dogmother

Art: Shimmer, Our Prairie Dogmother by Artist Misty Monster
Shimmer was created for a local radio station's "art in public places" project. KGNU's Prairie Dog Art Project: Teaching Old Dogs Gnu Tricks-gave about 50 "naked" dogs to local artists, schools, and non-profit organizations to decorate and place around Boulder. They will be auctioned in September with 75% of the proceeds going back to KGNU and the other 25% goes to the group or artist for whom the dog was created. I was chosen by the Rocky Mountain Animal Defense to decorate a prairie dog for them. Their organization works on behalf of animals, including a well-known figure to Colorado, the prairie dog I have become quite attached to Shimmer, and will probably end up bidding on her myself :)

Detail Images

Detail Image for art Shimmer, Our Prairie Dogmother

Shimmer stretches her wings

Detail Image for art Shimmer, Our Prairie Dogmother

One of her children waves "Hello"

Detail Image for art Shimmer, Our Prairie Dogmother

Sharing a meal


By commenting, you agree to our Community Guidelines.

2000-2023 EBSQ, LLC - All rights reserved - Original artists retain all rights
EBSQ Self Representing Artists - is a division of EBSQ, LLC