Art Community Forum | EBSQ Self-Representing Artis Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Chat  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

2016 Exhibition Calendar

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Official News & Announcements >> 2016 Exhibition Calendar Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2016 Exhibition Calendar - 1/12/2016 4:07:57 PM   
gillie

January:
Go Figure

An exhibit open to both clothed and tastefully nude figures in all media

February:
Waxing Lyrical

Create a piece of work based on a song lyric. You're welcome to include that lyric as part of your composition. The inspiration work needs to be cited in your artist statement.

March:
Vanitas

Vanitas is symbolic artwork, most often still life, that reflects on one's vanity and the transience of life. We challenge you to create your own vanitas still life either in the traditional Flanders/Dutch style, or your own style.

April:
Hope for Those Who Suffer

This month we celebrate work dealing with mental illness, physical difficulties, and other challenges. We ask that all work submitted is respectful and focused on hope and healing.

May:
Self-Portraits

It's been a while since our last self-portrait show. Show us the faces of EBSQ!

June:
Plein Air: In the Garden

Plein Air refers to landscape art completely entirely on site. This year's proposed site is the garden, whether it's yours, a friends, or a public garden space. All works must be completed on site. All sites must be referenced in your artist statement. We suggest artists include what drew them to their chosen site and any challenges face while creating on site that day. Because of the nature of the theme, photography is not allowed.

July:
Ripped Off

Our 16th annual collaborative art event. If you're new to Ripped Off, more details will be available in June 2016

August:
Life's a Beach

Time to kick back with some beach-related art, open to all media.

September:
80's Pop Culture

This totally awesome exhibit celebrates the unforgettable images and icons of the 1980's. Open to all media.

October:
Woodland Creatures

Show us the creatures, both real and imagined, that inhabit the woods.

November:
Crowns

This exhibit is open to both artist-made crowns AND 2-dimensional depictions of crowns.

December:
Annual Better Late Than Never Show

Missed a deadline for one of the above 11 themes? Enter them now! Just make sure your cite the exhibit for which it was intended and that the piece you're entering meets the criteria of the original exhibit.

Amie Gillingham
co-founder, EBSQ
web: http://www.ebsqart.com
blog: http://blog.ebsqart.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ebsq
Get out of the vacuum and express yourself!
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Official News & Announcements >> 2016 Exhibition Calendar Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

EBSQ Artists GroupEBSQ Self Representing Artists - A division of EBSQ, LLC  Privacy Policy  Contact EBSQ
© 2000-2005 EBSQ, LLC - All rights reserved - Original artists retain All rights

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode