Art Community Forum | EBSQ Self-Representing Artis Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Chat  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Idea for EBSQ

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Site-Feedback >> Idea for EBSQ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Idea for EBSQ - 2/1/2014 6:54:32 PM   
platypus

I have an idea for EBSQ - not sure how complicated this would be or if you could work it into the site upgrade or if it would have to wait (if you wanted to do it at all).

I'm planning to redo my website, I had built it using Dreamweaver back in 2008, but it was so complicated that every time I wanted to make more than a simple change I had to drag out my books. As a result I haven't updated it since 2010. So I started looking at various places that offer templates which hopefully would be simple to use, and I found a few which specialize in artist websites - foliotwist, artspan, and faso. Foliotwist is too expensive so I didn't bother to research further, but the other two look really good. They offer various levels of service, but basically they offer a bunch of customizable templates, provide e-commerce, social networking buttons, something with SEO, unlimited images, blog integration, etc. Oh they also offer phenomenal support - I asked questions of both places and received a useful reply right away - with artspan it was literally within minutes, and faso first thing the next morning. I think they also offer phone support.

Anyway, in the midst of my research it occurred to me that it would be great if EBSQ could offer this! These sites also work to promote the artists, you can search by artist name, location, style, etc. Faso has monthly contests. Artspan offers a print on demand service. For this you could charge much more than what you currently charge!

What do you think? Is this realistic for ebsq? It seems that you're already more than halfway there, all you would need to do is make the artist's portfolios more customizable and allow them to use their own domain names. I'm assuming that e-commerce is already part of the upgrade.

< Message edited by platypus -- 2/1/2014 6:57:18 PM >

Wibbley World Art Blog
Post #: 1
RE: Idea for EBSQ - 2/1/2014 7:07:29 PM   
marilynzack

Great idea. I've been with you since beginning and this seems to be the next step for the site. I liked the earlier gallery and was out of art for awile and kept up my membership. Love being able to create something with templates.

Marilyn

(in reply to platypus)
Post #: 2
RE: Idea for EBSQ - 2/1/2014 8:28:01 PM   
gillie

It's not something we can realistically build into the currently 99% finished update.

But your suggestion is a direction we've considered going and it's something we'll seriously look at for the 2nd 2014 release.

Amie Gillingham
co-founder, EBSQ
web: http://www.ebsqart.com
blog: http://blog.ebsqart.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ebsq
Get out of the vacuum and express yourself!

(in reply to marilynzack)
Post #: 3
RE: Idea for EBSQ - 2/1/2014 8:40:41 PM   
platypus

quote:

ORIGINAL: gillie

It's not something we can realistically build into the currently 99% finished update.

But your suggestion is a direction we've considered going and it's something we'll seriously look at for the 2nd 2014 release.

That would be great - I think it has the potential to make a huge difference here.

Wibbley World Art Blog

(in reply to gillie)
Post #: 4
RE: Idea for EBSQ - 2/1/2014 11:47:13 PM   
88heather

Wasn't the update supposed to be in January b/c you didn't want to update at Christmas? When is your next estimated time of site change? I just thought when you said it would be January is b/c the wait was only for Christmas? What exactly is this big update anyway? Is this the change from that software that people chipped in for over a year ago?

(in reply to platypus)
Post #: 5
RE: Idea for EBSQ - 2/2/2014 12:07:51 AM   
platypus

quote:

ORIGINAL: 88heather

Wasn't the update supposed to be in January b/c you didn't want to update at Christmas? When is your next estimated time of site change? I just thought when you said it would be January is b/c the wait was only for Christmas? What exactly is this big update anyway? Is this the change from that software that people chipped in for over a year ago?

Oh I'd forgotten about that forum upgrade that was originally supposed to be separate from the site upgrade, you had to upgrade by a certain date and then wait for them to send the software I think. Did they ever send it?

Wibbley World Art Blog

(in reply to 88heather)
Post #: 6
RE: Idea for EBSQ - 2/2/2014 6:40:12 AM   
gillie

quote:

ORIGINAL: 88heather

EBSQ was completely redesigned and reprogrammed in another programming language. The new forum software is in the same programming language and we're unable to release it separately.

Since Bill has had to take on another full-time job, he has very limited time available to work on the project, which was supposed to be released in October. I have no ETA.

Amie Gillingham
co-founder, EBSQ
web: http://www.ebsqart.com
blog: http://blog.ebsqart.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ebsq
Get out of the vacuum and express yourself!

(in reply to 88heather)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Official EBSQ Stuff] >> Site-Feedback >> Idea for EBSQ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

EBSQ Artists GroupEBSQ Self Representing Artists - A division of EBSQ, LLC  Privacy Policy  Contact EBSQ
© 2000-2005 EBSQ, LLC - All rights reserved - Original artists retain All rights

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode