- What are EBSQ Certificates of Authenticity?
- EBSQ provides tools and a framework to its member-artists to create and maintain certificates of authenticity for their artwork. Tools are also provided for Patrons to manage their EBSQ Certificates online.
- What do these certificates look like and how can I tell if mine is authentic?
The crux of an EBSQ Certificate of Authenticity is its ID Number and Validation Code. Regardless of what the certificate actually looks like, to be authentic it must carry these two numbers and must be verifiable using the validation tool.
COAs created by our member-artists using tools at EBSQ have the following components.
- 1. An image of the artwork for which the COA represents.
- 2. Details about the art. This should include the name of the artist, title, dimensions, date of the work, and the type of work (i.e. original, reproduction, etc.). If the type of work is a reproduction, the edition number should appear here also.
- 3. An area for the artist to sign and date the COA.
- 4. The COA ID and the validation code.
- When I try to validate my COA - the site tries to force me to 'Register'. Why?
- We apologize for this seemingly intrusive requirement. Initially it was our intention to have visitors validate/maintain each of their COAs with the COA number and a chosen password - but it quickly became apparent that this would be a maintenance nightmare not only for our patrons, but also for EBSQ.
The benefit is being able to maintain all of your COAs from one central location (via a login and password) and keep your information secure.
- I didn't receive a COA with the art I purchased. Is this a problem?
- In general, no. While we make COA tools available to all paid members, they are not required to use it. We do, however, strongly encourage all artists to provide some form of COA (even a personal hand-written note) and all buyers to request such documentation.
EBSQ in a Nutshell
EBSQ is an online community for artists who want to take control of their own art careers. We're a hub where you can house your full portfolio, link to all of your online venues, easily establish the provenance of your work with our Digital Certificate of Authenticity tools, and connect with a global art community.
Validate an EBSQ COAMain COA Page